What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

honey badger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am following a LC but not high fat diet, for the last five weeks, its really starting to kick in now and I am very pleased so far.
Yesterdays day of blood numbers and menu was
Awaking blood test.4.4
Breakfast raspberries,strawberries, blueberries,greek yoghurt, walnuts,and spoon of pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
Lunch in work half a roast chicken, vine tomatoes.
Snack in work half pink grapefruit babybell cheese
Blood test before tea after work 3.2
Tea 2 pork chops, i chicken leg, half cabbage,large portion of assorted veg, grilled vine tomatos.
2 hours after tea blood 4.4 so my wife ordered me to eat something as too low to go to bed,
Supper small bowl Ben and Jerrys chocolate fudge ice cream.
One and half hours later before bed, blood 5.4

Reactions: 10 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Breakfast = 1 Banana and 1 large Plum.
Lunch = 2 slices brown toast, butter and rhubarb/ginger jam.
Tea = Toasted cheese on toast

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
Big breakfast bap at the airport, discarded the bap and ate the 2 slices bacon, 2 sausages and fried egg.

Lunch was some Serrano ham, cheese (no idea what) and baby tomatoes

Small cruzcampo beer

Dinner was 3 tapas dishes shared with HID, one a spinach salad with brie, bacon and a beetroot dressing, one was pork in a light sauce with mushrooms and other veg, and the last one chicken in a creamy cheesey sauce. All totally yummy and I ate about 1/2 bread roll too. All washed down with 2 glasses of a fizzy rose wine.

FBG was 5.9 the next day.

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
BS this a.m. = 6.6.
Breakfast = 1 Banana + 1 Large Plum.
Lunch = 2 brown toast, butter + rhubarb/ginger jam
Tea = 2 slices cheese on toast (brown bread), 1 peach + 1 Large Plum.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - 3 rashers grilled bacon, 2 fried eggs & a cholesterol lowering yogurt drink
L - 2 slices turkey breast, about 75g cheddar and a big salad
D - 150g sirloin steak with a full fat cheese sauce & buttered spinach.

About 1900 calories (including the bottle of red wine I'll be having this evening), 87g fat, 32 carbs & 107 protein. Overdone the protein a bit but what the heck - I'm on holiday!

Reactions: 7 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast = 1 Banana and 1 large Plum.
Lunch = 2 slices brown toast, butter and rhubarb/ginger jam.
Tea = Toasted cheese on toast
Hi Liam. I see you joined the forum over a year ago and have multiple health issues. Can I ask what you feel you gain from this sort of diet? Do you control your blood sugar successfully with your insulin injections and other meds?
I'm sorry if I've missed a thread in which you discussed this but I can't find one. I don't think you've been given @daisy1's great guide to managing your diabetes either. There was another occasion when a forum member asked if you needed help or advice -- perhaps you didn't see it.
Anyway, I hope we can help.

Reactions: 13 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Liam. I see you joined the forum over a year ago and have multiple health issues. Can I ask what you feel you gain from this sort of diet? Do you control your blood sugar successfully with your insulin injections and other meds?
I'm sorry if I've missed a thread in which you discussed this but I can't find one. I don't think you've been given @daisy1's great guide to managing your diabetes either. There was another occasion when a forum member asked if you needed help or advice -- perhaps you didn't see it.
Hi. I'v
Hi. I have heard from daisy1 - think it was today! I'm ill at the moment with upper respiratory infection and on Antibiotics. I have to force myself to eat something. My blood sugars are reasonable and I'm checking them daily, also taking my insulin, Metformin + Dapagliflozin and other meds

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I buttered an individual baking dish. Went and picked blackcurrants from the garden, washed them and removed the stalks but left on the other ends. Put them in the dish. Covered them with ground almonds. Put pieces of salted butter on the top, then a sprinkling of flaked almonds and ground cinnamon. Baked in a hottish oven, (180-200) for about 10-15 mins, left to cool a bit and served with double cream.
This is an easy dessert. When I've no home grown fruit, I use frozen berries.
Ooh sounds lovely! I will try with blackberries when they are around for foraging!

Reactions: 6 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled egg, mushroom, bacon, double cream
L: 2 slices of ugg bread with cream cheese
D: smoked mackerel, rocket, red pepper, olives, tomato, pine nuts, goats cheese; breadless pudding with dark choc chips - better than the strawberries:)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. :)

B. Raspberries with cream

L. 2 cold chicken thighs

D. 3 roast chicken thighs with courgette, red pepper, mushrooms and onion cooked with olive oil in the oven.

My food is getting a bit repetitive at present but I've been enjoying it. :)

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast today was another pancake with chocolate sauce.
Lunch was a tuna and feta salad
Pork scratching a for a snack
Supper was chicken thigh tikka Marsala with cauliflower rice. (Or couscous as the packet from Tescos said!)

Reactions: 7 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone!

Just wanna say thank you all for your wonderful posts of the reality of LC and sometimes HF too. My son & I are going to a pirate weekend on the isle of sheppy, camping, leaving tomorrow morning. All last min 'cause dats jus how I roll....but my food choices is/was causing me a little anxiety. But this thread has the answers. Got my shopping list for sainsburys, including 2 bottles of Rioja☺.

Oh, today I ate:
B: chia with coconut milk and coconut cream powder, almond extract and grated brazil nuts on top. Guzzeled 1 mug of water.

L: 2 non LC sausages and green salad with mayo and one slice of garlic bread with extra butter, as an impronto lunch at friends.

Snack: handful o' nuts, 2 glasses of red wine at open air concert.
Lg. Coffee lactofree cream/ tsp butter/ vanilla extract . Soooo good.

D: 2 egg omlette, lactofree cream, peppers, spring onion and grated cheese. Huge green salad with mayo with dijon mustard.

Water, water, water.

Reactions: 8 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Mongolia I will give them a try. I have a few good recipes so far but Im always looking for more.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I'v

Hi. I have heard from daisy1 - think it was today! I'm ill at the moment with upper respiratory infection and on Antibiotics. I have to force myself to eat something. My blood sugars are reasonable and I'm checking them daily, also taking my insulin, Metformin + Dapagliflozin and other meds

Hi Liam,
Sorry to hear you're ill and I hope those antibiotics start to work. It sounds like you don't feel like eating and having to force yourself to eat must be difficult. Small amounts of anything you like, I guess. Since doing LCHF I've been really well, apart from one episode of migraine and sickness. Could not eat, but that didn't stop my blood sugar rising of course. When I was better, after 2 whole days, I felt as weak as water but so relieved not to feel sick. Put marmite on a square inch of bread and ate that.

Get well soon!

Reactions: 3 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Liam,
Sorry to hear you're ill and I hope those antibiotics start to work. It sounds like you don't feel like eating and having to force yourself to eat must be difficult. Small amounts of anything you like, I guess. Since doing LCHF I've been really well, apart from one episode of migraine and sickness. Could not eat, but that didn't stop my blood sugar rising of course. When I was better, after 2 whole days, I felt as weak as water but so relieved not to feel sick. Put marmite on a square inch of bread and ate that.

Get well soon!

Thank You. I ate a Muller light a few minutes ago. I am drinking plenty of fluids (not alcohol) I will try vegemite on toast for breakfast in the morning.

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
yesterday

b. lidi protein roll one half with tuna an sweetcorn, the other with ham.
L. sardines,lettuce,tom,cheese
S. tuna sweetcorn mix,2xcrackers an cheese
8 x coffees no sugar tblesp of semi in each

Last edited by a moderator:

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was:
B: 2 slices coconut flour/flax bread, one with almond butter, one with cheese
L: Smoked salmon & cheese salad, blueberries & cream
D: Avocado salad with a couple of homegrown small new potatoes, lettuce, radish and bought cucumber tomato & olives

Today:
B: eggs fried in butter
S: 2 tsps almond butter
L: smoked mackerel & peppers fried in cauliflower rice, blueberries, blue cheese & cream
D: will be avocado salad again, much the same contents as yesterday, strawberries & cream

Loving my salads, especially with the homegrown veg!

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 100g Greek full fat yoghurt, chopped mixed nuts, kiwi fruit, slice of melon
L: Salad of cold homemade ratatouille, celery, radish, cu and avocado with Bavarian ham and a dollop of mayo.
S: 2 squares Lindt 85% chocolate.
D: Chicken and mushroom curry with cauliflower rice and a side of either leeks or purple sprouting broccoli.