Is there anywhere you can't bear to inject?

Bethanee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just curious!

I've always used tummy and thighs. I don't know why I hate the thought of injecting into my bum (although there's plenty of fat there hahaha) and I'd never even consider my arms! Makes me shudder.

johnbear2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
conservative polititicians
I inject bum,tum and thighs,I hate injecting in the leg though

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Always tried to inject my basal in my bum and legs and bolus doses in my stomach and arms, didn't really have any preference but injecting in the stomach was probably the easiest.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
bum is a bit more difficult as I can't really see it very well :)
but i want to try and always avoid developing places i can't inject from overuse so i rotate like the earth
--continuously --LOL:D

Reactions: 2 people

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've tried everywhere but the worst place for me is thighs. Especially on the pump I just am uncomfortable in pain usually this is because I still have unite muscular thighs so places where I build muscle I struggle with because I tend to grow muscle quick too

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thighs and stomach. My arms aren't fleshy enough, usually end up bleeding. Used to do it in my bum but as I've got older it's harder to get round there!

Reactions: 4 people

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
I never liked using my arms because I didn't feel as steady holding the pen there. Pain wise it didn't bother me though. My pump is always in my tum just because I find it easier to go about my day if that is where it is connected. I'm bruised to heck but hey ho.

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I gave up injecting in my legs when I kept finding that I was hitting little blood vessels. As the needle came out, I wondered how much insulin was coming back with the blood.

I just stick to my beer gut now (even though I have shorter needles).

In trying to be less selfconcious about my knackered pancreas this also helps as I can just unbutton my shirt to inject. Dropping my trousers in the middle of the office may result in a few complaints.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll inject anywhere really.. Ideally though? Where I can "pinch up".
But I'm old school though. From the days of glass syringes with long big gauge needles..

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I inject in: arms, bum, thighs, tummy.

Afrigal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate pretenders and hypocrites
I inject thighs,tummy and arms

Atalay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried cheeks! spilled into my mouth!
Kidding, didn't spill in...
Kidding, didn't try cheeks...

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just wish there was other places on the body to inject.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't like injecting in my tummy, but I do because have to rotate the sites and I find the tummy site stings.

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been injecting in my thigh's since I've been diagnosed (9yrs) as it hurt a lot less than in my bum or stomach but on my last Diabetic meeting the doctor said my thighs were getting 'a bit hard / swollen' however they skin / fat still looked normal - colour wise.

I've now been injecting in my stomach for approx 3 weeks and noticed my waist has increased and is much firmer than when I did not inject in my stomach area. (Approx 32inch waist now 34)

My thighs do not look any different? will they shrink a little over time? they just look a little 'muscly' to me.

Regards

Justin

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been injecting in my thigh's since I've been diagnosed (9yrs) as it hurt a lot less than in my bum or stomach but on my last Diabetic meeting the doctor said my thighs were getting 'a bit hard / swollen' however they skin / fat still looked normal - colour wise.

I've now been injecting in my stomach for approx 3 weeks and noticed my waist has increased and is much firmer than when I did not inject in my stomach area. (Approx 32inch waist now 34)

My thighs do not look any different? will they shrink a little over time? they just look a little 'muscly' to me.

Regards

Justin
Hi Justin sorry to hear you have had site problems. When you say firmer does it feel like there is a ball shape under the skin? I use healing cream from Holland and Barrett all natural but reduces any bruising and I used bit e as it repairs skin. Also a firming cream. I find different size needles work better in different sites because of skin thickness. Don't know if that helps

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Inject around my tummy

I gave up on the thighs as I do not like it for some weird reason and as for my butt that's way too awkward