What have I done!

lyndarose

Ate a large piece of fruit cake thats what I have done!!!

Was feeling really down and not so well today. Started off no weight loss this week despite eating right and small portions. I lost 9.5 pounds in the previous 2 weeks.
Craved sugary things all day and just finally gave in to it. i will see what my BS is in 2 hours.

Food today. 2 eggs breakfast,snack 1 babybel cheddar cheese, lunch turkey salad, just ate chicken salad , then the cake!

Atalay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, don't worry, we all passed the same roads. I have lost my patience many times, no biggy. You keep dieting, you may find yourself in the same weight for three weeks despite the diet. Our bodies with diabetes loves to keep the fat. Just keep yourself in the boat of healthy dieting. You will slowly lose weight.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
When you fall off the wagon its nice to have cake to soften the blow
Don't let guilt spoil the cake! :hungry:

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just eat a small piece next time....with a nice dollop of cream to reduce the impact it might have. Oh and maybe pick out some of the currants first?
Keep a little store of suitable treats that you can go to in cases of real need - check our low carb recipes for some options.

Robbity

PS A bit late now but it's worth checking your levels at one hour as well as two - things sugary or carby tend to spike sooner.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know the feeling but dont feel too bad, a couple of weeks ago I was a bit depressed and I ate a whole packet of jellytip biscuits so it happens.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to do that, then I thought I had better man up and be brave and to be honest Ive actually been surprised that my levels weren't as high as I thought they would be.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Ate a large piece of fruit cake thats what I have done!!!

Was feeling really down and not so well today. Started off no weight loss this week despite eating right and small portions. I lost 9.5 pounds in the previous 2 weeks.
Craved sugary things all day and just finally gave in to it. i will see what my BS is in 2 hours.

Food today. 2 eggs breakfast,snack 1 babybel cheddar cheese, lunch turkey salad, just ate chicken salad , then the cake!
I sympathize lyndarose; sometimes i fall into a fugue of depression and anxiety as diabetes is not something that is treated in the hospitals, regardless of the "epidemic". So, a daily routine can become too repetitious. At those times, i lose awareness and eat things that are obviously due to raise blood sugar. I am a bad girl.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the majority have the odd oopsie now and again but I honestly think that as long as we dont dwell on it and get back on track then it has minimal effect on our BS in the long run as what really matters is how we eat most of the time. I think half the battle is admitting the fact that we ate something we shouldnt have but once you can admit to yourself, yep I shouldnt have eaten that but never mind I'll get back on track and look forward not back then you will be fine. It is such a myriad if mind games all the time and at times it can be a tough battle to win.