packed lunch ideas

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
Amazing thread! I've been here for a month, lost a lot of weight (well lost some 8Kg in 3 weeks) as I just keep being frightened to eat! And after clearing my kitchen cupboards I was thinking of renting one as a spare room, lol. But on a serious note I've been eating lots of small tined fish mackerel in spicy tomato sauce etc., 70p @Tesco's, at lunch time, I did have to remember to take a fork to work, but easy to carry around, just have to be careful with the lid opening and throwing away (obviously).

#Enclave But on this quiche, the link doesn't work? It says I don't have permission?

I must say I used to make a quiche base with 2 jacket potatoes (microwaved) some butter and some wholemeal flour (all mashed together and pushed around/laid in the quiche dish and then poured the egg mixture in, then baked) when I was a student, way too difficult to make pastry...
I love the idea of a potato base instead but the reason I began cooking LCHF was to get my husband's daily cars down to below 50g a day, so we don't do potatoes anymore, pity.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
going to try this should e nice with salad, will cheddar do grated?
Yes sure you could use any type of cheese. The mozzarella has that nice stringy texture though which works really well. Sure you could put anything else in you like too - bacon, tuna, smoked salmon, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes? I haven't tried any of these but can't see why it wouldn't work.:)

davetee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need a packed lunch for Sunday..will be active day so should I include some carbs just for that day.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I need a packed lunch for Sunday..will be active day so should I include some carbs just for that day.

I'm an active person, and I've done all sorts without adjusting my diet; even during the period I was losing weight. It's probably wise to have an easy eat snack with you, just in case you need to eat a bit more than usual. By a snack, for an active day, I'm probably thinking of something like a small bag of peanuts.

Reactions: 2 people