I've now got Acute Kidney Failure!

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm having a biopsy next week s hopefully they'll fins out more about what's happeneing and what's causing it. As my BG has been pretty good they've taken me off metformin as that can affect BG, and now my BG has gone up! Really can't win!
I'm hoping they can replace it with something else otherwise all my hard work could be spoiled!

Reactions: 2 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Rowan, I am just a T2 newbie looking through the threads and I read this whole one. I really hope your on your way to understanding what is happening with your kidneys and your on the mend. Take Care of you, and really good vibes are coming at ya from SE London.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thinking of you and really hope that you soon get some positive news and start to get your problems solved.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. My kidney function went up to 40% for a while but down to 30% with last blood test. I got my appointment through this morning to see consultant with results of biopsy but had to re-schedule for 2 weeks later as I'll be on holiday, so now have to wait till 24th Sept to find out what's going on!
I's stopped taking a few meds that might have been causing it but it's made no difference so it's looking more likey that it's down to the diabetes, in which case I don't know if there's anything they can give me to help/ But just have to wait and see now.