2015/16 Football Season

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know the electricians that did the work on his house! Believe he will be travelling daily down to the Hawthornes!
Gosh; that's a bit of a schlep every day. However, I believe that he - and particularly his wife - were glad to move back home to Liverpool, so it wouldn't necessarily surprise me.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Gosh; that's a bit of a schlep every day. However, I believe that he - and particularly his wife - were glad to move back home to Liverpool, so it wouldn't necessarily surprise me.
You are quite correct in your thinking!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi there and welcome.

You're probably not going to like me - I'm a Saints supporter (someone has to be :)) and have seen Carlisle play because we beat you in the JPT final at Wembley few years back, when we were languishing in the lower reaches of the League. In many ways it wasn't a fair competition because Saints were already owned by the Leibherr family, who were investing quite heavily in restoring the Club to its former status, which I think it's fair to say they have done. At that point, Alan Pardew was our manager: whatever happened to him? :D

Hope this is a good season for you guys; I will follow your progress with interest. If you wouldn't mind obliterating Pompey whenever you play them, you will be greatly loved at St Mary's :).

PS: I also follow Winchester City FC, because they're my local club but they are a tier or three down from you .... :)

I was there and you deserved that win

I remember a long time ago when we played you over 2 legs in the League Cup and you had Channon & Shilton playing for you.

1st leg at BP we won 2-0 and we were in with a chance of pulling off a shock

I went down to The Dell for the 2nd leg which you won 3-0, tough **** for us eh!

Good atmosphere at The Dell as I recall even if the stands looked like Rabbit Hutches

I think Pompey will go up this coming season

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was there and you deserved that win

I remember a long time ago when we played you over 2 legs in the League Cup and you had Channon & Shilton playing for you.

1st leg at BP we won 2-0 and we were in with a chance of pulling off a shock

I went down to The Dell for the 2nd leg which you won 3-0, tough **** for us eh!

Good atmosphere at The Dell as I recall even if the stands looked like Rabbit Hutches

I think Pompey will go up this coming season
The Dell had a certain something but, when all was said and done, it was a tip and far too small for a Premiership ground; St Mary's may be an anodyne modern stadium but the fans (particularly at the Northam End) have given it an atmosphere all of its own.

Re Pompey: I foster a sneaking admiration for what they have done over the past couple of seasons, and for the loyalty of their fans. But I couldn't possibly admit that in public :D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A cup game v Saints is probably a favourite of most Rovers fans.
Being 3-0 down at half time and completely and utterly outplayed.
(I thought it only 2-0!)
Then one of the best second half come backs in fa cup history happened, with a hatrick from Paul Rideout and a Stuart Barlow winner.
An incredible turnaround inspired by Aldos half time swear fest.

I did enjoy our goalless game at the Dell before that as well!

Didn't like the drubbing at St Mary's though!

Have not had good experiences at Pompey though. A supporter of ours, was attacked and hospitalized whilst he was trying to get to his car.
Also, I just disliked everything about the matchday experience there!

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
It's not about the result it's about time on the pitch and finding out things. Too late to start next week, we have to pick up points early in the season to get the momentum to finish high enough to at least get in the playoffs!

I'm sure you will :)

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Pre-season. The time of youngsters from B teams and the moments of 'wait...who the hell are you?'

SandyDee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I want Brentford promoted to the Premier. I can dream, but then they were great last season esp as first in league.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Zeljeznicar play against standard lived tonight!

Is it 2nd leg?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Zeljeznicar play against standard lived tonight!

Is it 2nd leg?
Zeljeznicar got beat last night 0-1 and our out of the Europa cup.

Premiership, all home wins except Sunderland will get a draw!

Terriers to lose!

Rovers to win well tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great season!

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Zeljeznicar got beat last night 0-1 and our out of the Europa cup.

Premiership, all home wins except Sunderland will get a draw!

Terriers to lose!

Rovers to win well tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great season!

Thanks mate lol nah we should come back with a draw and ill be happy. UTT
Good luck Rovers

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Saints' only injury problem for tomorrow is Ronald Koemann, who's just had an Achilles tendon op. His brother (I think) is standing in as manager, for the Newcastle game :).

I'd be hoping for a draw at least, and possibly all three points, but the opening match is always a bit of a challenge for Southampton. I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Saint Mary's, and has been since he was a callow yoof, and he always declares that, if Saints win the opening match of the season, he will run naked around his lawn. As far as I can recall, he's only had to do this once in all the years I have known him :D