Un expected pregnancy

Bethgabs

Hi everyone looking for some advice just found out im pregnant ( was taking pill) ive got a 5 month old and 4 year old. With my 5 month old i developed preclampisa and h.e.l.p syndrome at 36 weeks. Baby was fine just wasn't too good for me!
Just wondering if any diabetics have hAd close pregnancies!? Im also worried as surely it can't be good as ive recently hAd a csection, My hbac1 was6 a month ago, but had the odd un explained highs last few weeks! Now i know why, from the joys of pregancy.

Tia x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Tia and welcome to the forum. Congratulations, you are going to have your hands full aren't you? I only had one child as a diabetic @ 42 1/2 years. I had HELP syndrome too.
Just make sure you get to all your appointments, ask lots of questions and getting plenty of help at home. How is your partner with this news? Do you have a close family that can help out as you get bigger and after the baby is born too?
ps Tia is a lovely name :)

Take care and wishing you all the very best.

RRB x

Bethgabs

Hi! Thanks for reply! Not really thats what im worried about really and the small age gap! With my first child i had borderline pre-clampisia, both pregnancies went very wel though. my names beth hun, meant thanks in advance(tia)
Xxx

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi! Thanks for reply! Not really thats what im worried about really and the small age gap! With my first child i had borderline pre-clampisia, both pregnancies went very wel though. my names beth hun, meant thanks in advance(tia)
Xxx

Hi Beth, sorry for the TIA name lol, haven't heard of that one before.

M

mammamia2006

Hi, my neice and nephew are only 11 months apart.

My sister has type1 as well as me but dont know about the c section as she had natural births.

Congratulations!!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've never had a c section, but I think you're right in that they do encourage a gap between pregnancies to allow the uterus to heal.

Could you speak to your GP or the local midwife? I was thinking you might still have their number.

I'm sure you're not the only person who's been in this situation. X