FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Another fail to remain adhered to me - this time in 9 days. Once I took it off? Basically no adhesive left and almost completely unsticky. And an odd skin reaction whereby most of the adhesive has no reaction but one small part looks burned.

b42f41d04e803fedc90efb0e2459503b.jpg

Getting to the point that I'm going to try and order a Dexcom transmitter and sensors and go xDrip. At least they only claim to last seven days.

Reactions: 2 people

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Must be hugely frustrating, Tim. I don't understand why some people are having adhesion issues whilst others are fine...very bizarre. Even though you don't have any skin reaction issues have you tried firing it over a Compeed? Maybe the Compeed will stick better to your skin and the sensor better to the Compeed? I've had no issues at all with adhesion and that's despite running, swimming, sauna, steam, multiple daily showers...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another fail to remain adhered to me - this time in 9 days. Once I took it off? Basically no adhesive left and almost completely unsticky. And an odd skin reaction whereby most of the adhesive has no reaction but one small part looks burned.

b42f41d04e803fedc90efb0e2459503b.jpg

Getting to the point that I'm going to try and order a Dexcom transmitter and sensors and go xDrip. At least they only claim to last seven days.

Tim, once you have prepared your adhesion site, do you leave the skin exposed for a few minutes, to ensure it's absolutely dry?

Thus far, I've not had any problems, but I'm only a few sensors in, unlike you early adopters.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Tim, once you have prepared your adhesion site, do you leave the skin exposed for a few minutes, to ensure it's absolutely dry?

Thus far, I've not had any problems, but I'm only a few sensors in, unlike you early adopters.
Indeed I do. My normal procedure is to wash the site, let it dry, wipe down with the swab, leave to dry, then apply sensor. The first six months were fine. It's since April I've been having issues.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Indeed I do. My normal procedure is to wash the site, let it dry, wipe down with the swab, leave to dry, then apply sensor. The first six months were fine. It's since April I've been having issues.

That's pretty much as I do, although it's hardly rocket science......:oops:

Do Abbott usually replace them, when they become unstuck?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That's pretty much as I do, although it's hardly rocket science......:oops:

Do Abbott usually replace them, when they become unstuck?
Normally. Will call them up tomorrow again, although my last replacement hasn't yet been despatched and that was requested on 24th.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
I linked my Libre up with Diasend today. If I had a pump, the information overlay would be awesome. With both the CGM and the Pump data you'd have a great set of information to work from.

Whilst the Libre information pack is very good, the Diasend system seems to be more useful thanks to integration. Very interesting!
I cant get diasend to recognise my libre??? I got my glucomenLX plus connected fine but my Libre wont recognise for some reason
Any tips or advice much appreciated

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I cant get diasend to recognise my libre??? I got my glucomenLX plus connected fine but my Libre wont recognise for some reason
Is your Libre software set up to launch when the Libre is attached to the PC?

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
It is at the moment, will deactivating it fix my issue?

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Purely out of curiosity, what is diasend?

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also anyone heard anything about an Abbot smartphone app that will replace the reader? Such terrible software. Inability to amend notes does my head in!

HaroldC

Also anyone heard anything about an Abbot smartphone app that will replace the reader? Such terrible software. Inability to amend notes does my head in!
It's exceedingly unlikely because the hardware interface is something so unlike anything to do with a phone. It's not a software issue, so rewriting software for a phone won't work.

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's exceedingly unlikely because the hardware interface is something so unlike anything to do with a phone. It's not a software issue, so rewriting software for a phone won't work.

Is NFC capability not already available on iPhones etc?

TimWJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

The sender uses Near Field Communication (NFC) that is supported by some Android smartphones (certainly my Galaxy 4 does). I have no idea about iPhones. There is an open source Android project that will read the data but the last time I looked the project appeared to be somewhat stalled in correctly interpreting it. So it is possible from a hardware perspective, and it would be great, but I am not holding my breath, I did read a rumour somewhere that it was happening.

https://github.com/vicktor/FreeStyleLibre-NFC-Reader/wiki/Progress-&-ToDo

Tim

HaroldC

Yes, NFC hasn't really taken off yet. The manufacturers were pushing it for contactless credit card payments, but the whole standard has stalled because the banks won't agree on security protocols with the phone manufacturers and the networks.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well, yet another sensor coming off early. After 7 days this time. Time for tegaderm.

b873206e867656527fc2b1319e2a6940.jpg

bcd214f803d1ee19ba2b2347a134de73.jpg

572fb0408c7f99009cf3ba385f8a2054.jpg

Tyronnster

Hi sorry for noobie post

I'm in diabetic clinic now an Just started reading about this.

Love the idea of this.

Currently use mobile cassette from accu check

Just wonder how this compares

Thanx