Powerful TEDx Talk on Diabetes, Obesity, and the Low Carb Diet by Sarah Hallberg MD

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She's adorable (New Yorker ?) thanks for posting this, it was interesting.

Gavinspurs, I go to a huge 24hr Tesco Extra with my mother occasionally and it really brings it home to me how much 'food' in supermarkets, is manufactured, processed rubbish. It can be really difficult to pick up anything to have for lunch/snack on.

Dr. Hallberg practices in the Midwest of the US. She "is the medical director and founder of the Indiana University-Arnett Health Medical Weight Loss Program." Read more here... http://fitteru.us/about/ :)

Reactions: 4 people

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In this study, the medical records of Dr. Hallberg's clinic were compared to "a standard of care program based on the American Diabetes Association (ADA) diabetes management program."

Another crack in the wall - (click on link below)... :)

Journal of Clinical Lipidology, May-June, 2015, Volume 9, Issue 3, Page 420

Retrospective Analysis of Metabolic Control in Type 2 Diabetes with American Diabetes Association Recommendations compared with Carbohydrate Restriction

Sarah Hallberg, DO, MS, Wayne Campbell, PhD
West Lafayette, IN

http://www.lipidjournal.com/article/S1933-2874(15)00113-0/fulltext

Southport GP

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Southport GP.

Hi, just wondering if you have ever come across my condition?
Without, scanning medical journals or trawling through the internet, how would you advise the condition to be treated?

Sorry for bothering you. If you have time!!!
Late Reactive Hypoglycaemia ?? sorry to be a disappointment but no I haven't come across this condition Nosher

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Late Reactive Hypoglycaemia ?? sorry to be a disappointment but no I haven't come across this condition Nosher
Thank you for your answer.
It's refreshing to receive an honest answer.

I could give you some pointers if you ever come across something similar!;)

davetee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time I've had explained to me clearly exactly what causes diabetes. Watching the rest of her videos on youtube.