Strange question :)

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have a strange question ... How many type 1s here have a longer second toe compared to their first toe ? If you have a longer second toe how would you describe your hip, thigh, knee and back pains ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mine is longer, but my right back pain is due to frozen shoulder area, and shoulders not in line with each other. But never suffered from ongoing back pain.

Reactions: 4 people
My toe is longer! I have bad back pain knock, middle and lower spinal narrowing, sciatica down left leg. Why do you ask? Is there something I should know about? Also my hips are a bit stiff and painful if I've been sitting for a while.

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morton's Toe, right?

No, I don't have that. But I do have some back issues like sciatica.

Morton's Toe can be connected with foot and back pain in some people. You can get special insoles that might help if it's causing problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mrspuddleduck

No my toe is shorter! But I do have degeneration of the spine and neck, scoliosis, crushed discs, spinal osteoporosis, chronic bursitis & neuropathy in left leg with muscular damage. Trust me to be bloody awkward!! :D Sue xxx

C

catherinecherub

An explanation of how Morton's Toe can affect the whole body.

http://www.mortonstoe.com

Does Morton's Toe cause problems?
This foot structure is known to cause and perpetuate musculoskeletal problems. Problems start with the feet and the list is long.

Foot Pain
  • Metatarsalgia (ball-of-foot pain)
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Metatarsal Stress Fractures
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Calluses
  • Bunion
  • Hammer, Claw and Mallet toes
Lower Extremity Pain
  • Ankle Pain - Weak Ankles
  • Shin splints
  • Tight, Sore and Tired Calf Muscles
  • Knee pain
    • Tight IT Bands
    • Runner's Knee (Chondromalacia)
    • Fractured Meniscus
    • ACL Tears
  • Sciatica Pain
  • Arthritis
Back and Neck
  • Scoliosis & Kyphosis
  • SI Joint Pain
  • Sciatica (Piriformis Syndrome)
  • Low-Back Pain
  • Upper Back and Shoulder Pain
  • Neck Pain (head forward posture)
Morton's Toe impacts the whole body because it changes your posture and the way you walk and run.

silverbirch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, second and third toe is longer than big toe. I have Morton's neuroma in left foot, but only get pain in other joints if I eat foods containing gluten.

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Being Mexican I was always told that it meant that I will be boss of my household ...old wives tale.

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
An explanation of how Morton's Toe can affect the whole body.

http://www.mortonstoe.com

Does Morton's Toe cause problems?
This foot structure is known to cause and perpetuate musculoskeletal problems. Problems start with the feet and the list is long.

Foot Pain
  • Metatarsalgia (ball-of-foot pain)
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Metatarsal Stress Fractures
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Calluses
  • Bunion
  • Hammer, Claw and Mallet toes
Lower Extremity Pain
  • Ankle Pain - Weak Ankles
  • Shin splints
  • Tight, Sore and Tired Calf Muscles
  • Knee pain
    • Tight IT Bands
    • Runner's Knee (Chondromalacia)
    • Fractured Meniscus
    • ACL Tears
  • Sciatica Pain
  • Arthritis
Back and Neck
  • Scoliosis & Kyphosis
  • SI Joint Pain
  • Sciatica (Piriformis Syndrome)
  • Low-Back Pain
  • Upper Back and Shoulder Pain
  • Neck Pain (head forward posture)
Morton's Toe impacts the whole body because it changes your posture and the way you walk and run.

I recently found this out myself. It is pretty interesting how one toe can cause such problems . I am sure there a a quote in here somewhere like. ...if you don't think one person can change the world , imagine what one toe can do to a person .

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, I've just learnt something new!! Did the assessment on that website and it's spot on about my tight and sore calves, it's an awful lot of money to pay for an insole though

I had custom orthotics made but my insurance paid for them since it is a foot issue . I will honestly say I did not feel like they helped me at all .

Casey_Jane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a strange question ... How many type 1s here have a longer second toe compared to their first toe ? If you have a longer second toe how would you describe your hip, thigh, knee and back pains ?

I don't have a second longer toe however, I get really bad back pains and clicking hips which hurts as well. I also have stomach problems quite regularly and have been diagnosed for 12 years.