Having problems

chl0ejasmine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

I went on the DAFNE course and they changed me to levemir but I didn't like this as it made my levels go high and my clinic thought it was wrong for me to change too.

So now I'm back on lantus and still having high readings even though I don't feel like they are high. Sometimes I think my meter could be wrong or should i increase my lantus dose?

Other factors maybe affecting my levels;
My ultricaria (hives) has came back and is spread across all my skin - possibly my body is dealing with that?
My body is trying to get back into regime since these changes in insulin
I've been ill the past 2 weeks with sore throats and diarrhoea

Not sure how to get these levels back to normal?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi all

I went on the DAFNE course and they changed me to levemir but I didn't like this as it made my levels go high and my clinic thought it was wrong for me to change too.

So now I'm back on lantus and still having high readings even though I don't feel like they are high. Sometimes I think my meter could be wrong or should i increase my lantus dose?

My ultricaria (hives) has came back and is spread across all my skin - possibly my body is dealing with that?

Heya - Levemir didn't work for me, it had no effect on my BG and sent me sky rocket, so after many months of poor control I finally got switched and am ok now,

It sounds like your body is fighting infection which will keep your BG raised, what medication are you taking for your hives and have you seen a doctor about both illnesses yet ? If not, book a visit and get some support, once your feeling better your BG should improve ;)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Based on forum posts over the months, most people appear to find little difference between Lantus and Levemir on it's effect on blood sugar. I suspect your current control problems are due to infection?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi all

Could be all three factors, usually they say it takes 3 days to see the effects of dosage changes with lantus.

If you don't have success with lantus ask if you can try the new basal insulin called Tresiba, the feedback on the forum from those who use this insulin is very good.

Reactions: 2 people

chl0ejasmine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all - levels slowly coming down by increasing my lantus and giving more insulin to overcome the illnesses. I went to the doctors and got a stronger dose to prevent the hives but I may have to go back and get a stronger dose as one tablet isn't doing enough!

Reactions: 2 people