3 month mark, results imminent...

AsIFall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had blood taken yesterday and await the results to see if the fruits of my labour have paid off! Type 2, diet controlled. On diagnosis 3 months ago I weighed in at 133kg, today I'm 109kg. Dropped the carbs considerably (50g or less per day) but decided against constant testing, focusing instead on getting the number on the scales to go down! Using a swift low carb education, some guess work and a general flying by the seat of my pants mentality, I'm hoping on a marked improvement on my original numbers. Keep stuff crossed for me!

Reactions: 4 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've crossed everything I can for you, please let us know the results when they come in. Also what was your HbA1c on diagnosis.

AsIFall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The two tests that I had that led to diagnosis were 48 and 50, so at the bottom end fortunately :)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well thats not too bad, mine was 100 on diagnosis but it is down to 34 now. Hopefully you get a good result, I know the anticipation can be like torture.

AsIFall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's really quite something, you must have been incredibly focused! I don't know that Mine will be quite so good, I've had a few adjustment wobbles. Friday blood tests suck, adds to the waiting and anticipation! :/

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some here are very focused, unfortunately Im not one of them. I still slip up, sometimes quite bad but I always get myself back on track. Just remember, it is how you eat most of the time that matters so dont stress out if you eat something you shouldnt have. It can take time to get it right, it took me a year before I started to feel somewat in control.

Reactions: 2 people

AsIFall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah I've had a couple of unplanned dates with Ben & Jerry and their peanut butter cup temptations, that I'm not particularly proud of! Of course, I also realise that without a meter I'm playing a bit of Russian roulette with my food choices. Then again, even on my worst days now, I'm so much better than my old habits good days!
I really appreciate the encouragement, it goes a long way :)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's pretty impressive - well done.

But the hard part may be keeping the good work going long term. But at least you know you can do it.

Robbity

AsIFall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, technically no longer a diabetic. Keep up the good work :D

Thanks! :)

That's pretty impressive - well done.

But the hard part may be keeping the good work going long term. But at least you know you can do it.

Robbity

Quite right, just safe arrival at the first stop of a very long journey. Very pleased to know I was at least holding the map the right way up ;)