Concerned about aspartame?

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have to stay clear of all the same things as donnellydogs . Even a very small amount of aspartame will put me in the ER. I would prefer to take a gallon of real sugar than that stuff . Ukkkkk

Reactions: 2 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to take Canderel in tea and drink Diet Pepsi. My husband was convinced that they gave me mood swings. We went organic in 2012 and we just won't eat additives at all. None of them ever get tested long term or together, we're the guinea pigs.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I used to take Canderel in tea and drink Diet Pepsi. My husband was convinced that they gave me mood swings. We went organic in 2012 and we just won't eat additives at all. None of them ever get tested long term or together, we're the guinea pigs.

Does your hubby say your mood swings reduced??

Its amazing how different my sleep is without anything artificial. My life has always had ups n downs but they no longer affect my sleep with nightmares or talking.

Reactions: 2 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yup, no more mood swings and no more cystitis either. However I don't think it made any difference to my sleep quality as I'm a bit of a night owl.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yup, no more mood swings and no more cystitis either. However I don't think it made any difference to my sleep quality as I'm a bit of a night owl.

That is so interesting. I'm so sure I am better with my moods (although of course being a woman- we do have do much to put up with- lol..:;

I was always tired.. Permanently. Nowadays I am awake till early morning and also the first to wake in the mornings.. I can't recall the last time I was like this. When I sleep its solid though. Last night for the forst time in 2 decades hubby got up (thinking anout our house move) dyring the night and previously within 10 minutes I was shouting down the stairs to him to come back to bed. Last night he was up for an hour and I never even realised.

Goes to show just how badly long term usage of sugar free items affected me. I'm so glad to be more normal now!

I certainly know when I've had something with additive items in it nowadays...

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
The Food and Drug Administration in the US refused to approve aspartame and was eventually given the go ahead in a political decision with lots of money from food and drink manufacturers. It causes harmful effects on rats so I would say it is good advice to avoid the stuff, it's toxic.

Reactions: 4 people

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The Food and Drug Administration in the US refused to approve aspartame and was eventually given the go ahead in a political decision with lots of money from food and drink manufacturers. It causes harmful effects on rats so I would say it is good advice to avoid the stuff, it's toxic.
9 billion dollar industry .

Reactions: 3 people