2015/16 Football Season

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I thought I would drop the occasional post on Scottish football as well as my team, DUFC, if that is okay.
In the week John Collins commented that Celtic don't get the opposition in Scotland that prepares them for money making runs in Europe. He says this just before they play Killie, who have had a poor start to the season...
Result: 2-2, with Killie scoring a peach of a pen with little time to go.
Traditionally pens are not given out lightly against the Infirm so the boy did good.
Schadenfreude

In other news: Hearts make it 3 out of 3 and have started well, which has to be a good thing for the game in Scotland as they have escaped the bonkers Vlad.

DUFC away at Hamilton , Dundee at home to St Johnstone, which could be interesting.

Reactions: 4 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Leeds went crashing out last night at the hands of Doncaster Rovers i was well chuffed with that one :)

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wots the league cup?:facepalm::oops:

Rovers are at mighty Braintree tomorrow, the last time we met, in the fa cup. It was postponed the first time! Hopefully the wonderful weather we're having doesn't put a damper on it!:rolleyes::eek:

My predictions were generally as usual, really bad!

So here goes!

Wins for City, Arsenal, utd tonight, terriers, Leeds, spurs, swans, saints and hammers!

Lots of draws this week end, but the superwhites will cruise to their third straight win!:)

Reactions: 4 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Grrrrrr. That's why I have avoided this thread till now. :mad:

Oh dear sorry Zand. The Leeds supporters on a football forum on Facebook had it coming to them they were bragging as per usual just like they were bragging about last Saturday. Look on the bright side you get the chance to concentrate on the league the same as us

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wots the league cup?:facepalm::oops:

Rovers are at mighty Braintree tomorrow, the last time we met, in the fa cup. It was postponed the first time! Hopefully the wonderful weather we're having doesn't put a damper on it!:rolleyes::eek:

My predictions were generally as usual, really bad!

So here goes!

Wins for City, Arsenal, utd tonight, terriers, Leeds, spurs, swans, saints and hammers!

Lots of draws this week end, but the superwhites will cruise to their third straight win!:)

Cheers Nosher the way we Terriers are playing id not put a bet on those predictions if i was you :D

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wins for ......... saints .........!

Hopefully :). The April 2014 encounter at St Mary's was the game when Everton scored two own goals, prompting the Northam End to sing:

"We've got your back four,
We've got your back four,
Who needs Rodriguez?
We've got your back four"

(Jay Rodriguez had suffered a very nasty cruciate ligament injury, from which he has only recently recovered, and we were a bit light on strikers).

:D

Good luck to the Superwhites :cool:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's going well, then: 3-0 down after 83 minutes :(

We aren't going to score,
We aren't going to score............

Ho hum :)

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
So I thought I would drop the occasional post on Scottish football as well as my team, DUFC, if that is okay.
In the week John Collins commented that Celtic don't get the opposition in Scotland that prepares them for money making runs in Europe. He says this just before they play Killie, who have had a poor start to the season...
Result: 2-2, with Killie scoring a peach of a pen with little time to go.
Traditionally pens are not given out lightly against the Infirm so the boy did good.
Schadenfreude

In other news: Hearts make it 3 out of 3 and have started well, which has to be a good thing for the game in Scotland as they have escaped the bonkers Vlad.

DUFC away at Hamilton , Dundee at home to St Johnstone, which could be interesting.

Can't help agreeing. Sure, other teams can and will upset Celtic but who honestly thinks anyone can take the title off them unless they personally have a howler? Celtic's loss says more about them than Killie in most people's eyes and I think that is the point. Scottish teams boggle the world because Celtic could lose to Raith Rovers on the Saturday and beat Barcelona on the Wednesday.

I also think the fact that least season we still only heard about Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs on the news, despite only one being in the topflight. Aberdeen and co were hardly given a mention. We seem stuck in the past at times I think.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Should have been at West Ham v Leicester today - came back from the West Country yesterday especially - but at home dosed up on aspirin with a summer cold. Was really looking forward to the game and gutted to be ill but now hmm...Want to see the Adrian sending off - BBC London commentators seemed astounded.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
didn't end well 0-4...
Dees won 2-1, good for them
Hearts 1-2 at Ross county, good for them
Dandy Dons 2-1 at Motherwell... spit spit spit...
Celts 4-2 at home to IC... 4-0 up and rested boys....

Good win for Everton, like
Not looking good for Sunderland....

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Millwall got a special mention on Final Score..for the fine performance by Coventry in beating them 4-0 at The Den.

On the upside my husband won £43 by backing Leicester to beat the hamsters 2-1.

Reactions: 3 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh well what can i say we took the lead but alas let it slip away and thankfully didnt lose all 3 points. I guess 1 point is better than none but it was another poorish performance and we still havent quite got it right. Good job theres still 44 matches to go we need to get stuck in and win win win.

Reactions: 3 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My OH had money on Leeds. He was :grumpy:!

Quite a shock wasnt it and i thought Leeds would get the better of Donny as well. Just shows you you cant predict how a game is gunna go especially a cup match.