Type 2 Life

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I work from home now and find that my blood sugar level is higher than when I was out working.
Work is more structured than home. During holidays we're all over the place. At work food times are specific, guess I need the structure at the moment.

Reactions: 11 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I work from home one day a week and find that I eat about the same but instead of having a salad for lunch I often have a cheese and mushroom omelette.

Reactions: 13 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I didn't test this morning, clear went out of my head. Freudian slip? Or some other 'ologist's theory...mmm maybe. Still got that Llindt chocolate in the fride....

As an aside I went trampolining today for an hour. Only 3 of us with a trampoline each. I laughed so much, my teeth went dry and my face numb.
Please try it. It is such a stress reliever, so much fun.

Reactions: 16 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this am. Leaving London this morning and catching train to Birmingham to see family before going home. My fitbit indicates that we have walked 65.68 miles this week just sight seeing. Little wonder that I was continuously grazing on all the tasty titbits on offer.
Interesting time when ordering food as lots of understanding were I lactoces or gluton intollerant or had some sort of fancy food fad. Blank looks when mentioing no carbs although several pubs had the handle on it by offering to swap say chips for salad but had to emphasise not to then drench in dressing ( foud it bests to ask for olive oil as as condiment).
Watching my wife eat fancy cakes from Melba at The Savoy was an interesting interlude but discovering that half a pint of propper beer with a carefully chosen meal and having that not interfere too much with my fasting reading was a real bonus.

Reactions: 14 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
4.5 today. Off to enjoy the fresh air and do some fishing later at Shorne, weather permitting.

photognut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really naughty, had a Green & Blacks hot choc with full fat milk last night at 11pm two hour after drinking 7.8. I went to bend thinking, no low reading tomorrow morning. Yay, 5.6 this morning :)

I'm getting my nose stuck in Gut by Giulia Enders and Fermented Vegetables by the Shockey's.

Happy Sunday everyone.:happy:

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning. Just had half of one of those Lidl rolls toasted, and it will be the first and last time. Yuk.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

5.6 this morning, so much to do I just don't know where to start...

Reactions: 11 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 :( this morning

Maybe it was the chocolate/Pone (a type of sweet potatoe cake)/1/2 bottle of prosecco/eating late/getting cocky as I had trampolined-bike rided-walked Mum around the shops for 2hrs/not drunk enough water?
Lol
Yea back on it today.....
Having my morning water quota and then gonna make a.... bulletproof coffee. Tablespoons of fat whipped in the thing. I'll let you'all know if I puke.

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Eddie have you tried Arnica cream to help heal bruise's. It natural and OK for diabetics. I know a friend who uses a insulin pump and swears by Arnica

Reactions: 6 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, had a homemade curry last night and treated myself to a chapati. Certainly less spikey than naan bread!

Reactions: 9 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 this morning, had a homemade curry last night and treated myself to a chapati. Certainly less spikey than naan bread!
Home made curry sounds good just made a lemon and lime drizzle cake for coffee morning at church on Tuesday

Reactions: 10 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
There is 6oz of sugar in the CX cake and icing on the top
It's ours yum yum.
Sorry couldn't resist letting you look

Attachments

• 1439756365779.jpg
    1439756365779.jpg