Scrambled eggs?

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
If you left out the bread, you could have an insulin free breakfast. ( it is for me)

Reactions: 4 people

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
no milk and then yes, enough insulin to cover the bread.

I am not a low carber and eat as I see fit, some are low carb eaters here others are not

maryjey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat low-carb and I need 2U of Humalog or Novorapid for 2 fried eggs and coffee (no sugar, a dash of cream). When I don't eat carbs I still need insulin for protein and fat especially for breakfast.

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Sounds fantastic. Some type ones need to count milk in eggs. I don't. So, a few yummy breakfast will tell you what category you are in. If you need insulin, a few more will work out what. Other than that, bang on and have some for me! I'm incapable of making scrambled eggs without scorching the end out of a pan.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok tank u folks .. I had them an I had 3 units of insulin to cover it . Me mmol/l was 4.4 at dinner time but

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
If you left out the bread, you could have an insulin free breakfast. ( it is for me)

That's not actually true, some type 1's , myself included, have to inject Insulin for protein, tried it once without Insulin and I went into double figures :eek::arghh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ok tank u folks .. I had them an I had 3 units of insulin to cover it . Me mmol/l was 4.4 at dinner time but

4.4 is good, as I said in another post in this thread, some type 1's still have to inject just for protein meals, I do.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sounds fantastic. Some type ones need to count milk in eggs. I don't. So, a few yummy breakfast will tell you what category you are in. If you need insulin, a few more will work out what. Other than that, bang on and have some for me! I'm incapable of making scrambled eggs without scorching the end out of a pan.

Have you tired microwaving them ? it works well, but the saucepan method is the best. I bought an extra small saucepan ( non stick) because my teen makes scrambled eggs, we both love them :hungry: and the pan is coated with egg and her washing up skills, well, I wont go there lol. Buy a non stick saucepan from a supermarket or somewhere like Wilkinsons :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another question folks . I am currently eatin 3 big meals a day ?? Breakfast lunch and dinner .. Can I Hav somethin at 9ish ? Any suggestions

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Have you tired microwaving them ? it works well, but the saucepan method is the best. I bought an extra small saucepan ( non stick) because my teen makes scrambled eggs, we both love them :hungry: and the pan is coated with egg and her washing up skills, well, I wont go there lol. Buy a non stick saucepan from a supermarket or somewhere like Wilkinsons :)
I have a non sick pan that gets washed out, gets a fancy fairy spray and goes in the dishwasher. Still no hope! I think I need to try a microwave for any hope!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
I have a non sick pan that gets washed out, gets a fancy fairy spray and goes in the dishwasher. Still no hope! I think I need to try a microwave for any hope!
Just thinking some of the omlettes on saturday kitchen look like sick:yuck:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
"Microwave" precious scrambled eggs - that's sacrilegious in my home. A complete no no...pot is best - Teflon coated. Yum

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just thinking some of the omlettes on saturday kitchen look like sick:yuck:
I live at home. I'm 23. basically if I want decent eggs I need my mummy to come home from holiday! XD

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Another question folks . I am currently eatin 3 big meals a day ?? Breakfast lunch and dinner .. Can I Hav somethin at 9ish ? Any suggestions

You have to be aware of stacking your insulin doses if you eat two meals close together and inject, so depending what time you have dinner you may still have some active insulin on board if you eat supper around 9pm, also when you go to bed you will still have active insulin on board and this may lead to low bg levels in the night if you don't get the insulin-to-carb ratio right.

Back to scrambled eegs, I like mine made in a pan and usually serve it on Rye Bread (I'm type 1 also), your postprandial bg levels will say if this meal is OK or you need to make some adjustments.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is scrambled eggs an 2 wholemeal bread a good breakfast?? Type 1 .
Johnny, If you bolus for the bread, yes. Scrambled eggs on their own are a fantastic breakfast, skip the bread and try a wodge of cucumber or some lettuce instead. I have them with butter and cream, and chilli, every morning for breakfast. I have to inject 2units Novorapid for that, but it's wonderful. Sustaining and satisfying and delicious.