Coconut Oil

davetee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just started using coconut oil for frying...any suggestions on best buys - UK only please?

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's not the Virgin stuff, hence why it's cheaper. Not tried it though to be able to compare

Reactions: 2 people

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
I get through loads of KTC. Around £2.20 for a large 500ml jar from larger Tesco stores. I prefer it to the more expensive virgin coconut oil because it does not have any coconut smell or taste. KTC is 100% pure coconut oil, bottled in the UK and contains no hydrogenated fat.

Reactions: 4 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a quick question....I looked at the make up of coconut oil and see most all of the fat saturates so isn't that bad for high cholesterol?

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I get mone from Holland and Barret.They have offers at half price also buy one and get one for a penny,much the same thing,I use it all the time.

davetee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Patricia...I'll take a trip to my local one

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, you're such good shoppers. I have much to learn but then I'm only a little grasshopper.

Reactions: 2 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am buying a different brand of organic coconut oil every time I run out, to find my favourite - so far it's Ma Devlin's from Amazon.

mysupermarket.co.uk compares prices in supermarkets and you can set up email alerts for offers on favourite products.

Current offers:
Vita Coco organic Extra Virgin coconut oil 250ml 4.99 Tesco
Tiana Fairtrade organic Extra Virgin coconut oil 250ml 6.74 Ocado
Nutiva organic Extra Virgin coconut oil 858ml 13.49 Ocado

Mary Holden

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I use the Tiana raw extra virgin coconut oil. You wouldn’t believe how versatile it is. I cook with it and use it as a spread. They say it can be used as more as well. My husband is diabetic so I bought it for him but I use it more. He likes the taste as it is not overbearing and that it boosts metabolism which is always important. I’ve tried a few others before this one but this is my favourite.

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What's the difference between KTC almond oil and KTC coconut oil? Anything worth worrying about?