Today I'm an awesome Mum apparently....

AsIFall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
...because for the first time in my 8 year old son's life, we went on a bike ride together and now he thinks I'm cool :)
Before diagnosis, I could never, would never, have even thought to get on a bike! I was 50lbs heavier and although I was a very hands on Mama, I was not the bike ride kind of Mama!
Two weeks ago I began sneaking off, just me and my trusty two wheeled steed. It had been 25 years since I'd been on a bike and I wanted to make sure that if I was going to injury myself or my pride, it would not be in front of my boy. Every day I'd cycle backward and forward on the cycle path getting less and less wobbly and more and more confident (and healthy for that matter!) and today I invited my boy to join me. It was awesome :)
I had pangs of guilt about never being able to do it before but like everything about life post diagnosis, I'm choosing to live for the positives!
So although I received excellent results on my 3 month blood work this week, and the weight is consistently leaving me, this today is by far my greatest success and will be the thing that keeps me pushing hard to continue to change my lifestyle and take control of my life :)

Reactions: 19 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
...because for the first time in my 8 year old son's life, we went on a bike ride together and now he thinks I'm cool :)
Before diagnosis, I could never, would never, have even thought to get on a bike! I was 50lbs heavier and although I was a very hands on Mama, I was not the bike ride kind of Mama!
Two weeks ago I began sneaking off, just me and my trusty two wheeled steed. It had been 25 years since I'd been on a bike and I wanted to make sure that if I was going to injury myself or my pride, it would not be in front of my boy. Every day I'd cycle backward and forward on the cycle path getting less and less wobbly and more and more confident (and healthy for that matter!) and today I invited my boy to join me. It was awesome :)
I had pangs of guilt about never being able to do it before but like everything about life post diagnosis, I'm choosing to live for the positives!
So although I received excellent results on my 3 month blood work this week, and the weight is consistently leaving me, this today is by far my greatest success and will be the thing that keeps me pushing hard to continue to change my lifestyle and take control of my life :)

Your post made me well up. I read your pride and happiness. Congratulations.
GC

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A lovely heart warming post to read, well done you :) I used to love cycling, I haven't been on my bike for a year now, I loved being out and about, sun on face with a breeze in your hair and you have the wonderful company of your son too :joyful:

With my best wishes RRB

Reactions: 2 people

NinaB73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Inspirational!! Go girl!!:)

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
What a LOVELY post. Thrilled you're doing so well. You are indeed an awesome mum. :happy: I wish you continued success. X

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

AsIFall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a beautiful, very touching sentiment, thanks ever so much for your very kind words :)