Is my diet ok? Type 1.

Sponge89

Hi guys. Just switched to a low carb diet. I've been type 1 for 3 years now and had enough of terrible sugar levels. Just want to check over my diet with you to make sure it looks OK.

B: 11am - 2/3 egg omelette with bacon mushrooms and cheese.

L: 3pm - 100% Greek style yoghurt with blueberry's and Strawberry's.

D: 5pm - Chicken and chorizo salad

S:10pm - Usually some meat and veg.

I have had great improvements in bs levels since I've started it and never goes above 8mmol during the day, but still want it lower. If you need anymore info let me know. Cheers.

Reactions: 2 people

Pepsi Max

Looks good to me... I log my food into the myfitnesspal app so I can keep track of the carb:protein:fat ratio... When in doubt increase the fat!! Example cook with olive oil or butter, add cream to coffee instead of milk... Best of luck

Reactions: 3 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks good to me. You might need some more veg and some more fat in there though. Enough to make sure you don't get hungry. That's miserable. Cream coffees?

I'd say, above all, don't snack.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I find that met & veg or meat & salad gives me more protein than fat and I'm in danger of getting too much protein. I've started including cheese into my lunches either as an addition or to replace the meat.

Pepsi Max

You could add an avocado or some mayonnaise to the salad to up the fat content-equally you could cook a chicken breast or smokey rashers in olive oil for the salad too...

Reactions: 3 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks good to me. You might need some more veg and some more fat in there though. Enough to make sure you don't get hungry. That's miserable. Cream coffees?

I'd say, above all, don't snack.
The point about snacking is, it screws up your insulin sensitivity. And the pristine quality of your numbers!

But then I'm partly a Fung-ite: https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/blog/

Keep going great.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
You could add an avocado or some mayonnaise to the salad to up the fat content-equally you could cook a chicken breast or smokey rashers in olive oil for the salad too...
Oh yes, avocados are my new best friend!

Sponge89

Brill thanks guys. Bloods were 6.7 before my lunch of fruit and berrys, 2 hours later just before my dinner and it was 6.9 with 2units novorapid. Well happy.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Genau!

So you are a fungible Fungist Fungian Fungite? :)
Functionally and fungibly Fungist, Fungian, Jungian, and Fungite.

(Actually Fungite sounds a bit less attractive, like something made by Rentokil ... I think I'll insist on that hyphen!)
L.

Last edited by a moderator: