Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought between 5-7 was good?

Yes it is @Evelynross , only my focus since reading this forum is high 4's low 5's. Soo outside of that gets me a little ticked off. HOWEVER today I had an important meeting which I hadn't done any prep for and my future of paying my immediate bills depended on it. So a bit stressed by the time I woke up...
Meeting went well after 3hrs of last minute prep, so all is well.

Reactions: 16 people

Evelynross

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it is @Evelynross , only my focus since reading this forum is high 4's low 5's. Soo outside of that gets me a little ticked off. HOWEVER today I had an important meeting which I hadn't done any prep for and my future of paying my immediate bills depended on it. So a bit stressed by the time I woke up...
Meeting went well after 3hrs of last minute prep, so all is well.
I would be delighted if I got 6-7, getting sick trying, nurse on second and I think I need higher metformin

Reactions: 16 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5.4 at silly o clock..hi ho hi ho. its off to work i go

Reactions: 19 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. I have definitely settled in to slightly higher readings over the last 2 or 3 weeks, usually around 5.3 and never in the 4's any more. I am not sure why.

Maxwell

Reactions: 14 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.3 this morning. I have definitely settled in to slightly higher readings over the last 2 or 3 weeks, usually around 5.3 and never in the 4's any more. I am not sure why.

Maxwell
Morning Maxwell
Have you made any changes to diet, medication or drinking less liquid. Hope your not stressed or have any minor illness or infection.
Could the mixed weather make any difference. I know it messed up my chest.

Reactions: 13 people

Edgecop

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 which is higher than I would like, had been 5-6 all day.Good news is it wasn't white wine that caused a jump above 7 as I skipped a glass to see.
Not terrible but would like to see 6 as I am sticking to LCHF (10 days now)

Reactions: 18 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Morning Maxwell
Have you made any changes to diet, medication or drinking less liquid. Hope your not stressed or have any minor illness or infection.
I'm 5.2 this morning. Third day in a row that I've been above 5. I like your point about liquid - I haven't been drinking quite as much water in recent days so I'll make a point of getting plenty down my neck today and then see how that affects me tomorrow.
Watch this space

Reactions: 17 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 this morning before shower not bad considering I had a small piece of cake and alpro custard after dinner

Reactions: 19 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hello folks. Looks like it might be a decent day in Newcastle. Sun's shining. Hope it stays that way. BG 4.8 fasting this morning. Better than the 4.1 I had before bed. Like to be higher than that as head starts to pound below 4.5. It's a roller coaster ride this diabetes lark! Have a lovely Thursday folks. X

image.jpg

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. I think the BBQ sauce I had yesterday was overly carb laden, it tasted sweet. Schoolboy error

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 the second day in a row :D

I must have lost some weight, too, and gained muscles, by the looks and feels of it :) Next HbA1c is just a few days away...

Reactions: 26 people