Type 1 Tattoo ideas?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay, so I'm turning 17 in roughly two weeks and plan on getting a tattoo to represent that I have type 1 diabetes. As of now the only idea I have is to get "Type 1 Diabetic" along my forearm in English,Spanish,Mandarin,French and Arabic (The 5 most spoken languages in the world).

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I like that....maybe going around your bicep in a cuff? Constant words?
Have a look on pinterest search type1 tattoos and see what comes up?

Reactions: 2 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Also having a look on Pinterest, your idea sounds cooler. Especially in cursive script...you could have a slim ring of English, then underneath in Spanish and so on. The total could be approx 3 inches wide??
Start off with a dark colour then have a fade to a lighter colour for the final word ring...maybe final word ring could be date of diagnosis or 'I>' or 'I am Greater than the Highs and Lows' symbol.
I love your idea. Can you tell. :D

Reactions: 4 people
M

mammamia2006

By law you must be 18 or older or tattooist can be closed down and charged with child abuse.

I got my first one at 13 by a family friend and he explained all the laws etc about it. (he was a proper qualified tattooist)

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Still ways around it.... ;)

Not that I'm saying to help someone break the law, however a lot of artists I know would refuse an adult asking for a Disney character but would lend their art to a tat of @James_aka_Glory request....

C

chris lowe

By law you must be 18 or older or tattooist can be closed down and charged with child abuse.

I got my first one at 13 by a family friend and he explained all the laws etc about it. (he was a proper qualified tattooist)
Got my first at 60 second third & fourth at 62. Must be time for the next one

Reactions: 5 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooo this could be a 'tat' thread, how cool.
You know I've not thought about any diabetic issues that might encroach on having a tattoo. Like having to go to the loo every 5 mins or slow healing.... interesting.
But @chris lowe you have inspired me, my birthday is in Dec I might get myself inked again, that will make a paltry 3.... but it will be impressive....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have any of you's heard about the new tattoo ink that will changes colour in accordance with BG levels?

Blondie153

James before you pick anything just ask yourself would you like to see your granny or granda with it because someday you will be that person and will you still be happy with it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
James before you pick anything just ask yourself would you like to see your granny or granda with it because someday you will be that person and will you still be happy with it.
Im pretty sure my granny and grandad would be happy with a potential life saving tattoo. It would be even better to have whilst I'm older.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I have no tattoos but if I take any more hypos I might get "DIABETIC" tattooed on my forehead in bold capital letters. That way I can wear any clothes and long sleeve items. Lmao :D

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no tattoos but if I take any more hypos I might get "DIABETIC" tattooed on my forehead in bold capital letters. That way I can wear any clothes and long sleeve items. Lmao :D

Could also have it on the back of your hand... that way people will talk to you and not your forehead. ;)