Blood Sugar Recording Software

jskaife

Hi All

I don't know how often you guys test your sugars but I am basically **** at it. I did my first blood test this morning since about 6 months to a year ago....

Not shocked to know my blood sugars were 23 and I felt completely normal (also not good)

I received a letter yesterday telling me I had signs of retinalopathy or something like that which has in general $hit me up....

So iv decided enough is enough I need to start doing more blood tests and getting my sugars under control.

Throughout today my lowest has been 13 mmol..... Pretty bad I know

I have been recording the blood tests on my snazzy G1 in which it also predicts your HBA1C which is quite handy however I was wandering whether there was any free software that I could install on my PC to create real graphic charts etc.?

Let me know what you guys use whether its the old fashioned pen and paper or whether you record on some super whiz computer software.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I use my PC to record and print out my Bg results. I have an Accu-Chek Aviva meter which I was also given a free IR device which allows the data to be uploaded to the PC from the meter. The software was also provided free. I can print out multi-coloured charts with all sorts of data. These I take with me to my Diabetic Clinic and hand over to the Endo or DNS. They like the results.

Most of the reputable meter manufacturers and drugs companies offer similar devices.

Ken.

lionrampant

jskaife said:
Hi All

I don't know how often you guys test your sugars but I am basically **** at it. I did my first blood test this morning since about 6 months to a year ago....

Not shocked to know my blood sugars were 23 and I felt completely normal (also not good)

I received a letter yesterday telling me I had signs of retinalopathy or something like that which has in general $hit me up....

So iv decided enough is enough I need to start doing more blood tests and getting my sugars under control.

Throughout today my lowest has been 13 mmol..... Pretty bad I know

I have been recording the blood tests on my snazzy G1 in which it also predicts your HBA1C which is quite handy however I was wandering whether there was any free software that I could install on my PC to create real graphic charts etc.?

Let me know what you guys use whether its the old fashioned pen and paper or whether you record on some super whiz computer software.

Wait, G1 as in the Google Phone?

jskaife

Yep

Got a handle little application for free called OnTrack

Allows me to put my numbers in a record easily. Can view graphs on the phone or can export to my PC.

Do you have a G1 also?

Thanks

98tillpresent

at one point i used microsoft office excell to just list the readings but never really got any graphs to work properly. so I just use pen and paper now

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
I have daily graphs working in Excel, but I get nearly 300 bg records per 24 hours (using CGM) to base them on, which builds a fairly accurate profile. Even if you tested once an hour while awake, that's only 16 records with which to generate a graph, better than nothing I suppose? But a lot of test strips too!

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Continuous Glucose Monitoring. My pump records a reading every 5 minutes when I have a sensor attached to me.

jskaife

Tell me more, is it wireless? Where do you get one from? What's the name of you device?

Im really interested in getting one of these.

Dave Startex

cugila said:
given a free IR device which allows the data to be uploaded to the PC from the meter. The software was also provided free.
Ken
sorry to bother you but I have just order the same meter and was needing to know where I can get the IR device, and what it is? I presume you got the software with the device?
Thanks.
Dave :?: