AM i diabetic?

vicky_1985

Hi There,

My name is vicky im 24yrs old. I have both type 1 & 2 in my family. Recently i have started getting suspected symptoms and am worried i may have inherrited. The symtoms are, weight loss, fatigue, mussell ach, weeing more, dizzyness, itchyness in lower area. I have also had a few times were ive gone dizzy, my hands shacking.

I dont no why this has started but im worried incase i have type 2 as ive seen the effects in family members. Im a little scared incase i have as i already have fallots (heart condition) and artheritus.

Any advise is most welcome

thank you in advance x

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Vicky, I am a newbie and no expert, but I can tell you that whatever is causing your symptoms will not just go away. Don't do what many of us have done and try to ignore it, as you need to have a diagnosis sooner rather than later. :? Whatever the problem is, you are so much better off knowing, as the uncertainty is often worse than the daignosis. Good luck my dear, and rest assured,if you need support and advice, this is the place to get it.

Sweet3x

If you have both types in your family, ask if you can borrow a blood test kit off one of them and do a quick test. Then get yourself to your doctors, and ask him :)
If you aren't feeling 100%, it's always better to get a professional opinion :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
vicky_1985 said:
Hi There,

My name is vicky im 24yrs old. I have both type 1 & 2 in my family. Recently i have started getting suspected symptoms and am worried i may have inherrited. The symtoms are, weight loss, fatigue, mussell ach, weeing more, dizzyness, itchyness in lower area. I have also had a few times were ive gone dizzy, my hands shacking.

I dont no why this has started but im worried incase i have type 2 as ive seen the effects in family members. Im a little scared incase i have as i already have fallots (heart condition) and artheritus.

Any advise is most welcome

thank you in advance x

Vicky.

The only clear remedy for you is to see your GP ASAP.

Ken.

vicky_1985

Hey

Thanks for your replies, i am going to make an appointment to see my doctor in the morning as im seriously worried!

Vicky x

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Vicky
If your doctor suspects or confirms diabetes, make sure they know you have type 1 in the family. Too many GPs decide what type you have based just on your age. Although T1 tends to start young, it can happen at any age, and there are several T1s here who've been misdiagnosed at first as a result.

vicky_1985

Hiya,

Just a little update. I have seen my GP today and am being tested for Diabeties so now i surpose its a waiting game to find out f i am or am not. I hope the results are back soon as i hate waiting!

Thanks again

I agree with Little Sue on making sure your doctor knows about the type 1 in your family.

I'm one of those who was diagnosed w/ type 2 but actually have type 1 (LADA) My symptoms clearly pointed to type 1 ( very rapid on-set, vast weight loss, extremely high bl levels w/ nausea and vomiting) However, because I was in my 40's they automatically labeled me as type 2.

If you're at all concerned about your diagnosis request they do a blood test for type 1 antibodies. (GAD antibodies) This will give you a definite diagnosis.

Good Luck!