I've fallen off the wagon :(

byatt

Had a really stressful week, first formal interview in over 20 years, which I am sure I have flunked, and after over 2 months of low carbing, I HAD to have carbs...I realise it is an 'addiction' in my case...I don't have other 'vices', but realise just one taste makes it all the more easy to have another and another.

I know I have to do this myself, but hate that I can weaken so easily. :(

edited to add, when I say carbs, I mean ALL the ones that are bad for me like bread and potatoes.

Vikingepigen

We all have days like that ............ trust me!! A couple of days ago I had the carb cravens and had two slices of Nimble with butter (too much) mid afternoon! I loved it and didn't feel one little bit guilty .......... at least not until later!! :lol: :lol:

Just "close the book" on that day and continue with your usual routine and try not to beat yourself up over it.

Alice

Spiral

Yeah... what Alice said.

Although I have found that if you "cheat" occasionaly it is okay. For example, roasted and salted macadamia nuts hit some of the same spots as a packet of Walkers Ready Salted (although at just over 4 times the price :shock: )

I have also bought some very small plastic containers and put a single serving of the nuts in it, because once I open the packet I just can't stop :oops:

I am about to conduct some similar experiements with roasted salted almonds too :oops: :roll:

Seriously, try to find some treats that don't send you blood sugar up too high and don't give yourself a hard time if you do fall from the wagon - tomorrow is another day. I have found the nature of my binges and comfort eating has changed since I started to test :D

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hi,
Today is my birthday so I thought I would have a little treat of a choux bun filled with fresh cream, 20 grams of carbs. When I got to work my friend gave me 6 squares of chocolate aaaaahhhhh I could not resist. I have had 4 glasses of champagne and yes tomorrow is another day. My god do I feel guilty. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Vikingepigen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! Enjoy today with all its sins, and be a "good boy" again tomorrow!! :lol:

We have to have these kind of days, to keep us on track for the rest of the time.

Alice

twhincup

Dont worry about falling off, I went on holiday last week and entered carb heaven (fish and chips, chips, chip butty, wholemeal bread etc for the whole week :oops: )
BUT holiday over, feeling better for it and back on the 'lower' carb route and the numbers are coming down again 8)
I did feel bad for doing it but just not looking back and getting on with it again :D

byatt

Thanks for your responses. The thing is once starting, it's difficult to stop again. But onwards and upwards...

I seem to spend my life worrying...I wonder what it's like to take things in your stride? And I'm in the middle of a 'pity party' which is unusual for me, but stressing about that interview and waiting for the result is taking its toll, in chocolate and carbs!!

:cry: :roll:

Vikingepigen

You will be relieved to know that it was my turn to fall of the wagon yesterday!! :lol: :lol: And as per usual, when I go, I go completely!!!!!

Started out fine with a relatively normal day, but lost it after dinner for some reason! From 7.30pm to midnight I barely stopped eating - typical eating frenzy I used to have on a weekly basis, absolutely anything and everything. 10-12 coffee covered sweet bisquets, several slices of bread with butter, 100g 85% dark chocolate, extra roast chicken, almonds, all washed down with water, wine and diet coke!! I figured I must have consumed some 180 carbs and 3500 cals!!!!!!! OUCHHH!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: My punishment was clear this morning - put on 2lb in 24 hours and a fasting Bg of 6.6 - the highest I have had for 8 weeks!!! And I was really not very hungry this morning ........ but I knew I had to eat, so just had a smaller breakfast and will now take myself out for a VERY long walk, at least 10miles!! :roll:

I hope it is out of my system (and stress levels a bit down, although my back is still very painful) .... so onwards and upwards - back on the waggon (I hope)!!!! :lol:

Alice

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
WOW, Alice.
I think my Bg has shot up just reading about it. :lol: Perhaps we should all have virtual binges, eat anything, drink anything...then just put it all down to experience . :D :lol:

Hitch the horses Alice, get back on the road. :D

Ken

BTW. Henceforth, for me. Falling off the Wagon days shall be known as....AN ALICE !!.

Vikingepigen

cugila said:
WOW, Alice.
I think my Bg has shot up just reading about it. :lol: Perhaps we should all have virtual binges, eat anything, drink anything...then just put it all down to experience . :D :lol:

Hitch the horses Alice, get back on the road. :D

Ken

BTW. Henceforth, for me. Falling off the Wagon days shall be known as....AN ALICE !!.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "An Alice" Indeed!! I told you, I don't do things by half..........!! If it's gotta be done, might as well do it proberly!! :oops:

Just back from my walk - 10 miles (just over) in 3 hours and I am VERY hot and sweaty. Not punishment, but consequence. Having such a big blow out I need not just to get back to "normal" but do a little extra to burn some calories, as I am still trying to shift the last big of weight and adding 2lb in 24 hours is not good! :oops: BUT it goes to teach myself a lesson too, next time the chips are down and I am tempted I might just have an easier time of staying off the sugar and carbs, thinking back on this!! So making myself working that much harder for a couple of days now, will help me stay "good" in the future, with a bit of luck.

Alice