i got missdienosed they said i was type 2 but iam now type 1

bobby1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i have just started taking insulin 3 days ago my eyes are stinking and iam sweating and my skin stinks why is that

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi and welcome to the forum. It's hard to know what might be causing the odour without knowing a bit more about you. Do you have a blood glucose meter and have you been told to test for ketones if your glucose is above a certain level? It could be one of your medications and it might settle, but T1s would know more about that than me.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Check your blood you sound like you may be hypo and need some sugary food.. Or drink.

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sweating is a sign of low blood sugar. A hypo. Test with your blood sugar meter. If that's too confusing just eat something sugary right now.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
i have just started taking insulin 3 days ago my eyes are stinking and iam sweating and my skin stinks why is that

Bobby1 are you ok?

xxAJxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Bobby, when you start sweating, if you're getting confused easily, cant concentrate on anything or simply feel like ****, please check your blood sugars, if they are low, drink some lucozade or take some glucose tablets, as they raise your blood sugars quickly, then have a sandwich or some toast as the carbs are slow to release, check your blood sugars every 15 minutes till you are feeling better, if you are still feeling horrible, have something else to eat, if you are in doubt of anything, go straight to a&e, bypass nhs24, they only have a set list of questions, none of which covers diabetes. i hope you start to feel better soon :)

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Bobby,
What insulin have you been put on? I too was misdiagnosed as type 2 at the age of 60 and ended up in hospital and put immediately on insulins. I've had the sweats when I go hypo but not the skin stinks or stinging eyes. Yes, test as soon as you get these feelings. Are you injecting for the amount of carbs you eat or have the care team just put you on a fixed amount of insulin per meal?.. It could even be that the insulin you're on doesn't agree with you. As a type 1 ask to go on the DAFNE Course. It's a 5 day course but you're get better info than you'll ever get from the care team.

Reactions: 2 people