Foot problems.

Bagpuss Lives!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My circulation has had it- as defined by Cardiology! I have PAD, PVD, you name it. An ulcer on my rt foot is healed (they leave scars. How dare they!!!) I have Morton neuroma?? rt foot so was sent for USS to confirm it b4 steroid inj given- the Dr couldn't tell if it Is neuroma, neuropathy or something attached to my bone. Anyone else had anything similar and can help me out, please?
Also- you know they always tell you Never put moisturiser between your toes. Well, I never have. I have now developed a crack in skin under my 3rd left toe. It's not infected but taking an age to heal. I keep it cleaned, cushion it as much as poss, however the skin around it is Very Very dry, I keep filing it down but darent put moisturiser on. Anyone able to help me on this one too, please?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
My circulation has had it- as defined by Cardiology! I have PAD, PVD, you name it. An ulcer on my rt foot is healed (they leave scars. How dare they!!!) I have Morton neuroma?? rt foot so was sent for USS to confirm it b4 steroid inj given- the Dr couldn't tell if it Is neuroma, neuropathy or something attached to my bone. Anyone else had anything similar and can help me out, please?
Also- you know they always tell you Never put moisturiser between your toes. Well, I never have. I have now developed a crack in skin under my 3rd left toe. It's not infected but taking an age to heal. I keep it cleaned, cushion it as much as poss, however the skin around it is Very Very dry, I keep filing it down but darent put moisturiser on. Anyone able to help me on this one too, please?
It could be a fungal infection so might be best to get it looked at. There may be a cream that is ok to put between your toes. Doctor or pharmacist can advise.

You may be interested in this article about diabetic complications:
http://www.diabetes-book.com/long-term-sequelae/

Dr Bernstein talks about success with olive oil on cracks in skin.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was wary of putting moisturiser on my toes too because of NHS advice and developed dry skin. So I deal with it by slathering either organic coconut oil or organic olive oil on my feet, then letting it sink in for a bit and tissue off any remaining oil with kitchen roll. I use them in preference to moisturisers because they don't contain any chemical additives plus I always have them around.

Myself, I would try very hard not to get broken skin but it happens. As I'm not a podiatrist I can't advise further but if you do see a podiatrist s/he can advise things that you can do to treat minor stuff.

Reactions: 2 people

Bagpuss Lives!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an appt with MICATS tomoz about the steroid inj, so I'll ask then. I've never had a fungal inf on my toes before so unsure what to look for.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I have an appt with MICATS tomoz about the steroid inj, so I'll ask then. I've never had a fungal inf on my toes before so unsure what to look for.
One of the signs of fungal infection is cracking between/under the toes. Other signs are rash and itching. It's very common. You should probably get a podiatrist or other HCP to look at it.