NEW TO FORUM

Steveblue1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Good afternoon forum members i have final y found time to get involved with diabetes uk after being diagnosed type 2 for 13 years.I look forward to any advice and further discussions in my quest to lose weight and reduce my high blood secure levels.

Reactions: 6 people

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi stevenblue 1, we are diabetes.co.uk, diabetes uk is a completely different site. Have a read around the forum there is plenty of advice to help a new member.

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Steveblue and welcome !:) Best of luck with weight loss etc. It will help a lot being on here.Lots of learning! I got diagnosed almost 2 weeks ago .This forum is great.. people are so helpful with great feedback.Makes all the difference and we dont feel so alone:).

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forum, Im sure you will find the forum an invaluable place for advice and support.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi and welcome :)

Is there anything we can help with? What sort of blood sugar levels have you been getting?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello, I too have just recently found this forum been type 2 for almost 10yrs. Am currently losing weight with low carbohydrate high fat diet (you can read all about it on the Low Carb Forum) and my blood sugar readings are now in normal range. I struggled with both for years so, be encouraged Steve, you are so welcome here.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Welcome to the forum ! :)