sudden high numbers

chrissieworne

Hi all, I am really upset because I haven't changed my diet in the last few days but yesterday and today have had periods when i felt heady and unwell, took my bg both days 4 hrs after lunch, yesterday it was 12.8, today 11.0, that freaked me out. Mind you yesterday when i got that reading i immediatey had my tea, two slices of chicken, a green salad and an orange, took bg again after 2 hrs and it had gone down to 7.8, two hrs after that, 6.0, see, I would have thought it would have gone up again, not down, so now i am confused.

Also, i am really suffering in this heat, can't stop sweating and its making me feel bad, is this at all linked to diabetes?

Thanks Chrissie. :cry:

cjohnson

Dislikes
Spiders and other similar creepy crawlies
Hi Chrissie

Afraid I have been suffering from the same problem. Suddenly blood sugars not under control although I am on metformin and notice you are diet only so it can't just be the medication. Not sure what causing it with me either and I am also hot and sweaty all the time. I'm going to contact DSN tomorrow and see what she suggests. I also had a high of 11.8 yesterday ate a load of food and then when tested before bed it was 7.5 so I can't weigh it up either :( :(

Sorry I haven't been much help but hope it helps to know someone else going through a similar thing :)

Chris J

chrissieworne

Hi Chris J
Weird isn't it!! Today I thought I was going to melt.........all red faced, went shopping for holiday stuff and gave up as i couldn't face trying anything on. Also cannot lose weight, its really odd. How long since yr diagnosis? I wonder if I should have had medication to start with as i am losing confidence, yet two weeks ago my results wre good and my dn was really pleased.

I feel quite scared to be honest, am signed off work with work related stress and i still feel stressed at home so thats not helping.

What a mess i am.....lol!

What do yr readings usually average?

Thanks
Chrissie :?:

cjohnson

Dislikes
Hi Chrissie

Was diagnosed a year ago 11 August 2008 and have been on metformin since then. Average has been 7ish first thing in the morning then 5-6 before tea. I rang DSN today and have to go for HB1AC tomorrow which is about 3 weeks earlier than I should have done, they will then discuss results however today levels have been better - typical! Although feel really tired at the mo and have just had a doze after tea, also still quite thirsty.

Stress can increase levels so if you are suffering from it this may be affecting your levels. Must admit I have been stressed lately at work, also daughter due to have a baby in 2 weeks and dad is on waiting list for major heart surgery!

Hope you are feeling a bit better today, am just gonna check my levels now as 3 hours since tea.

Chris J

chrissieworne

Hi Chris J
Thanks for that info, over yesterday and today i seem to have corrected things in that my highest has been 9 and that was 90 minutes after a meal, today it has stayed in the 5's to low 6's but I am really hungry. I found some Beren bread which is linseed and low GI, I seem to be able to get away with that. To allay my cravings for sweet stuff I made a mousse with a sugar free jelly whippped into Tub of Quark and a small tub of raspberry diet yogurt, it was yummy and gave me three good helpings, seemed to have little effect on my bg.

Still so overweight though, just cannot shift it! HB1AC at diagnosis in May 09 was 9, last test in Aug was down to 7.2. Cholesterol down from 5.6 at diagnosis to 3.2 in Aug. BP still a pig!

Hope babe arrives safely.

Chrissie. xx

cjohnson

Dislikes
My highest been in the 9's today so will wait and see what result of tests today.

Glad you feeling better. I struggle to lose weight too and my willpower is absolutely zero most of the time. Hey ho keep trying though!

Thanks for the best wishes re baby - she's seeing midwife tomorrow and she going to beg not to be left to go over.

Best wishes
Chris x