Spreadsheets?

ColinBhoy

Dislikes
Eejits, loudmouths
Does any smart diabetic out there have a spreadsheet or simple software that tracks BG levels against time of day and allows you to record the foods eaten as well?
I have software with my meter and can download and trend my results, but not track against foods consumed as well.
I guess it would be easy enough to draw something up, but don't want to re-invent the wheel if there is something smart already out there!
I thought this would be a good way of easily tracking and determining how various foods (and possibly exercise regimes as well) are affecting my BG levels.
Thanks in advance.
Colin.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Colin

Take a look at PhilG's site where you can register for free and enter details.
http://www.lodestarcomputing.co.uk/Diab ... fault.aspx

You can include the actual foods in notes and you can also enter the number of carbs for each meal etc. It looks like it might do what you want ?

ColinBhoy

Dislikes
Eejits, loudmouths
Thanks cugila, this does look like what I want. Unfortunately after registering, I get to the main front page, but none of the menu options on the left will open for me ('page unavailable'). Perhaps it is just a glitch so I will try again later. It will be ineteresting to see if I can download the results to my hard drive, or if I can only view online.
I appreciate your response :)
Colin.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Colin.

I had that happen to me when I first started looking then I realised I hadn't entered data in certain sections so as there was nothing there ? it wouldn't show a page !! I cracked it eventually though.
Not sure about the download of data, never tried that, I just stick to it online.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Colin

I wrote an Excel spreadsheet for exactly this purpose, and still use it every day on my Palm PDA, then sync with the Mac once a week. Porting it very shortly to the iPhone. Tracks basal rate, meter reading, carb value and any notes, automatically calculates any corrections (based on meter reading and time of day) and food boluses (based on carb value and time of day) using fairly simple formulae.

Yell if you want a copy...

philg

Hi Colin

Are you still having problems with my web site? If so will you send details either through pm on this forum or to the e-mail address on the site?

I am currently working on a desktop application which allows you to monitor food items consumed and calculates the carbs. It will also have all the features of the web application plus allowing you to track Hba1c, weight, cholesterol, blood pressure, medication and exercise. The application will be customisable so you can enter any type of medication, exercise, food types and insulin.

This application will also allow the user to import data entered on the web site to avoid double entry.

I will advertise the application on the web site when it is finished.

Phil

ColinBhoy

Dislikes
Eejits, loudmouths
Hi Phil,

I have managed to get access to your website okay now ...being based down here in Angola is not always great when it comes to internet access! I (and I am sure many others) appreciate the efforts you are making to provide these apps.

Your desktop application sounds like a great idea, so look forward to seeing it when available.

Thanks for your input.

Colin.

lionrampant

philg said:
Hi Colin

Are you still having problems with my web site? If so will you send details either through pm on this forum or to the e-mail address on the site?

I am currently working on a desktop application which allows you to monitor food items consumed and calculates the carbs. It will also have all the features of the web application plus allowing you to track Hba1c, weight, cholesterol, blood pressure, medication and exercise. The application will be customisable so you can enter any type of medication, exercise, food types and insulin.

This application will also allow the user to import data entered on the web site to avoid double entry.

I will advertise the application on the web site when it is finished.

Phil

Geek question - may I ask what language you're using to write said app?

philg

lionrampant

The web site is written in ASP.Net 3.5 using MS SQL Server 2008 as data storage.

The desktop app I am writing using c# and ,Net 3.5 windows presentation foundation. The data store is XML.

Are you a developer?

Phil

lionrampant

philg said:
lionrampant

The web site is written in ASP.Net 3.5 using MS SQL Server 2008 as data storage.

The desktop app I am writing using c# and ,Net 3.5 windows presentation foundation. The data store is XML.

Are you a developer?

Phil

Computing BSc, and run my own web development company.

Just wondered how you were doing it. :) Any plans to port it to the likes of the iPhone? If your choice of colour scheme didn't offend Steve Jobs, you might make a killing in the app store.