Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5.8 still got the flue but getting better :)

Reactions: 18 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 5.5 after a reading of 5.3 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 20 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.8 pleased with that. I stuck to one glass of wine for dessert last night whilst the rest of the family had Key Lime Cheesecake, so it's nice to be 'rewarded' with a low FBG this morning :angelic:;):smug:

Reactions: 19 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today, after answering 2 phone calls and a few other things, was probably at least 1 hour after my foot first touched the carpet. Don't think I've ever managed to test as soon as I've woken up.

Reactions: 18 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Tested before I left the bed and it was a 6.2 this am. Yesterday felt really weird, kinda off had higher bloods-for-me all day... lets see how I go today....

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

6.1 for me this bright, sunny morning. Bit disappointing after 4.8 before tea yesterday...

Maybe the Lemon Meringue pie was a mistake.......

catmazdo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
11.5 just can't get any lower than 11!!! Had 3 month hba1c yesterday, will receive results next Friday.

Reactions: 17 people

silky1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this morning - I know it rises when fasting - but I did have a sneaky late night snack of strawberries and grapes last night - not sure if that had any effect - or whether my low reading the other day was a fluke - it is still very early days

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A slightly lower 8.0 for me this morning, I'm putting it down to stress and hormones ...... within 2 hours I'm back to my usual 4's and low 5's, so not overly concerned :rolleyes:

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. Hope you're all having a nice Saturday. BG this morning was 5.6 after a topsy turvy night. Hasn't budged since according to my meter, even upon testing after breakfast. Happy with those numbers. To everyone who's feeling under the weather....take care & get well soon. Hello @Edgecop & @catmazdo....rather than derail the thread, I've sent you both a PM in response to your posts. Best wishes & good health everyone. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 16 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this morning (well, 9:30) after a bad night of tossing & turning. Post-breakfast was 7.3, so at least not a spike, but a lower FBG would be a better start!

Reactions: 16 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 after a night out with a lot of good, grilled meat and one glass of red wine. Just after I poured in my second glass with sweeter wine, someone nicked it - good for me ;)

Reactions: 22 people