very strange ....

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,My sister was diagnosed of being a type 1 one year ago but her pancreas still producing insulin ,she don't take insulin except if its more than 10 or she if she is going to eat a heavy meal,until we came. To the UK ,the consultant said she should take. 3-5 units of luntos everyday .the morning readings was good but during the day time its always higher than usual ,then she stopped luntos and tests return to normal ,now if we Are affraid Its Going To Be High After A Meal she Take 2-3 units novo rapid makes the BG higher than if She eat The Same food without it ..oh and exercise makes BG better than with novo rapid
Does anyone know. Whats that..?!

Last edited by a moderator:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi @Inour , how are you taking your blood glucose readings?

Ideally you should check your sister's blood glucose before she eats, then check again 1hour after eating, and again at 2hours after eating to see what effect the food is having.

Blood glucose levels can rise very quickly when you eat so (again) ideally, she needs to be injecting rapid acting insulin approximately 20 minutes before she eats to give the insulin a chance to start working.

Did your medical people give you any advice about carbohydrates or general dietary information?

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Inour , how are you taking your blood glucose readings?

Ideally you should check your sister's blood glucose before she eats, then check again 1hour after eating, and again at 2hours after eating to see what effect the food is having.

Blood glucose levels can rise very quickly when you eat so (again) ideally, she needs to be injecting rapid acting insulin approximately 20 minutes before she eats to give the insulin a chance to start working.

Did your medical people give you any advice about carbohydrates or general dietary information?
She don't take novo rapid anyway except if she is going to eat a heavy meal,her Pancreas Still Producing Insulin and if she eat that meal without insulin but exercise its going to be good
The fact is that insulin higher her BG not lowerit

Last edited by a moderator:

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi everyone,My sister was diagnosed of being a prediabetes one year ago ,she don't take insulin except if its more than 10 or she if she is going to eat a heavy meal,until we came. To the UK ,the consultant said she should take. 3-5 units of luntos everyday .the morning readings was good but during the day time its always higher than usual ,then she stopped luntos and tests return to normal ,now if we Are affraid Its Going To Be High After A Meal she Take 2-3 units novo rapid makes the BG higher than if She eat The Same food without it ..oh and exercise makes BG better than with novo rapid
Does anyone know. Whats that..?!
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Was your sister diagnosed with Prediabetes (which happens before the person may develop type 2 diabetes, and does not usually require insulin), or type 1 diabetes? And how old is she, and is she normal weight or overweight? Thanks

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Was your sister diagnosed with Prediabetes (which happens before the person may develop type 2 diabetes, and does not usually require insulin), or type 1 diabetes? And how old is she, and is she normal weight or overweight? Thanks
She is 12 years old she is normal weight or under weight
Sorry I wrote prediabetes, she was diagnosed type 1 honeymoon and once her hba1c was 5.something but long time ago
And she has abit of antibodies

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
She is 12 years old she is normal weight or under weight
Sorry I wrote prediabetes, she was diagnosed type 1 honeymoon and once her hba1c was 5.something
And she has abit of antibodies
At her age I think her parents should be educated about the management of T1 and they should be working with health professionals to get things done correctly. I think the same for you, at age 14. There are free courses available for people with T1 to learn how to manage their insulin, and I assume they are offered to parents of children with T1 too. Your parents should ask the family doctor to put everything in place for you and your sister.

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At her age I think her parents should be educated about the management of T1 and they should be working with health professionals to get things done correctly. I think the same for you, at age 14. There are free courses available for people with T1 to learn how to manage their insulin, and I assume they are offered to parents of children with T1 too. Your parents should ask the family doctor to put everything in place for you and your sister.
I take insulin with every meal and slow acting ,she don't
If you are going to make a chart for her you will see that when she took luntos BG get high when she stopped it it returns to normal the same with novo rapid ,all diabetes insulin should. Lower the BG not higher it
Does antibodies do anything about that