Fungal nails

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
For about 5 years I have had fungal nail infection ,I had tried every thing from prescribed medication to all the off the shelf medications to no avail, Three weeks ago I went for my annual review for my type 1 and was chatting to the consultant about it and he just mentioned that there was a little known fact that Vicks vapour rub was a good remedy for the problem, It's like a miracle I have been rubbing it on my two big toes for about eighteen days and if this speed of recovery is to continue I reckon it will be gone within two weeks, Just thought I would mention it as it may help someone else with the problem.

Reactions: 4 people

fred1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just shows you the old remedies are still as good as the new expensive ones. Hope they clear up soon

Reactions: 2 people

amcdee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks for that jaywak, i'll being giving that one a try

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For about 5 years I have had fungal nail infection ,I had tried every thing from prescribed medication to all the off the shelf medications to no avail, Three weeks ago I went for my annual review for my type 1 and was chatting to the consultant about it and he just mentioned that there was a little known fact that Vicks vapour rub was a good remedy for the problem, It's like a miracle I have been rubbing it on my two big toes for about eighteen days and if this speed of recovery is to continue I reckon it will be gone within two weeks, Just thought I would mention it as it may help someone else with the problem.

@jaywak

Your tale is funny as I had a similar problem. However where I live in the US we pay for the prescriptions. So I got the prescription and although I had a very expensive health plan they would not cover for my nail treatments. The cost of the drugs at the time was $1000!. Yup 650 quid give or take. I discovered this version of a wife's tale and went to work with the Vicks vapour rub. 3 weeks later my nails were all cleared up and for the cost of less than $10!