How much weight have YOU lost?

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Down to 12st 11lbs from 14st 2lbs in 3 months :D

Reactions: 11 people

19roddas70

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i lost just under 3stone since march the 9th but i dont see the difference of feel any different as been sleeping a lot more these days with a sugar crash

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My weight is currently still horrible. Since I was put on Depakote, Venlafaxine and Quetiapine back in 2009 I ballooned up to over 27 stone. Nothing would curb my disgusting appetite. But I was taken off Venlafaxine in October of last year and I think as it slowly got out of my system I have been less hungry. I started dieting two months ago, ironically it was two weeks before I was diagnosed with T2.

Since then I have lost 1st 5lbs. Not a huge amount in the scheme of things considering how much I still have to lose, but it's a start. I'm determined and desperately want to get back to my pre-medicated weight of 11st (hopefully less - but I'm 5'8" so I'd be happy at that).

Reactions: 6 people

19roddas70

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ave lost 3stone since march and still carnt see the difference awas told just to cut out all sugar if possible but it seams to be working but a crash most of the day

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ave lost 3stone since march and still carnt see the difference awas told just to cut out all sugar if possible but it seams to be working but a crash most of the day

What does "a crash most of the day" mean? If we understand that, we may be able to offer you some support.

freshlybrewed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sensory overloading
It's lovely to see so many people loosing weight, I feel like I'm going with the flow by just being here.
I've lost 10Kg in the past 4 months, am now down to 125Kg, 40Kg to go!!

Reactions: 9 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's lovely to see so many people loosing weight, I feel like I'm going with the flow by just being here.
I've lost 10Kg in the past 4 months, am now down to 125Kg, 40Kg to go!!
Well done so far you will get there

Reactions: 5 people

LJRC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
tea, miserable people, swallowing large pills :)
Went from 14st .2lb when diagnosed in September 2014, to 13st 7lb. by Jan this year. There I have stuck. :) Such is life ;)

Reactions: 4 people

Goldiespring

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I weighed 132kg on 24th Aug (got weighed by the nurse at an ECG test by my request as I had started trying to do something about my weight the previous week using an app called my fitness pal). I have no scales at home and don't intend to get any as in the past I have been discouraged by numbers!

Anyway when GP then diagnosed me on the 27th and gave me Metformin I was already in the mindset. To get into healthy BMI I need to lose 52kgs which is a scarily huge amount but small steps count. I have just re-checked my measurements and since I started my campaign on the 21st of August I have lost 2 inches around my waist - that has to relate to Kgs surely! I have been gradually increasing my exercise by walking so that has helped.

Since diagnosis I have tried very hard to reduce my carb intake and am now consistently below 100g a day down from 230g even when dieting (I estimate double this before starting to diet) Increasing my fat and protein intake has meant I am not hungry all the time and I feel like I can do this!

I am going to go and weigh myself at Boots one day this week and will report back! I am so inspired by reading some of these stories. Good to journey with others who have the same motivation and are non-judgemental!!

Reactions: 10 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I weighed 132kg on 24th Aug (got weighed by the nurse at an ECG test by my request as I had started trying to do something about my weight the previous week using an app called my fitness pal). I have no scales at home and don't intend to get any as in the past I have been discouraged by numbers!

Anyway when GP then diagnosed me on the 27th and gave me Metformin I was already in the mindset. To get into healthy BMI I need to lose 52kgs which is a scarily huge amount but small steps count. I have just re-checked my measurements and since I started my campaign on the 21st of August I have lost 2 inches around my waist - that has to relate to Kgs surely! I have been gradually increasing my exercise by walking so that has helped.

Since diagnosis I have tried very hard to reduce my carb intake and am now consistently below 100g a day down from 230g even when dieting (I estimate double this before starting to diet) Increasing my fat and protein intake has meant I am not hungry all the time and I feel like I can do this!

I am going to go and weigh myself at Boots one day this week and will report back! I am so inspired by reading some of these stories. Good to journey with others who have the same motivation and are non-judgemental!!
Well done :D

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done keep up the good work. I think being in the right state of mind is half the battle.

Reactions: 4 people

Goldiespring

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I got weighed! Drum roll please.... I have lost 7Kg since 21st Aug. I am stunned and so so pleased! The hard work is paying off! I know lots of that is probably water but it's such an encouraging start! So that's 7 down 45 to go! Take that diabetes!

First day back at school today and the kitchen made me a special no carb lunch, the cook is going to do that every day so during the week I will have one meal that I don't have to think about! My spiralizer also arrived today so can now start doing courgette spaghetti and noodles!

Still struggling with what to have at breakfast - today I had high protein Greek Yog and some rhubarb but didn't really enjoy it. Any ideas? I really want to try to keep below 50 carbs a day so don't want to spend more than 10 on breakfast. Bacon and egg is good but too difficult during the week.

I'm so grateful for this forum - without it I don't think I would be coping in this diabetic storm!

Reactions: 9 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I got weighed! Drum roll please.... I have lost 7Kg since 21st Aug. I am stunned and so so pleased! The hard work is paying off! I know lots of that is probably water but it's such an encouraging start! So that's 7 down 45 to go! Take that diabetes!

First day back at school today and the kitchen made me a special no carb lunch, the cook is going to do that every day so during the week I will have one meal that I don't have to think about! My spiralizer also arrived today so can now start doing courgette spaghetti and noodles!

Still struggling with what to have at breakfast - today I had high protein Greek Yog and some rhubarb but didn't really enjoy it. Any ideas? I really want to try to keep below 50 carbs a day so don't want to spend more than 10 on breakfast. Bacon and egg is good but too difficult during the week.

I'm so grateful for this forum - without it I don't think I would be coping in this diabetic storm!

Scrambled egg? If you really are short of time, you can even make it in a small bowl or ramekin, and just eat it straight from there.
I sometimes have oily fish for breakfast, for a change, or if I have had a shopping failure and don't have yoghurt on. My OH thinks sardines or mackerel for brekkers is insane, but he's not eating it!

Youghurt with some wheat bran and stewed rhubarb is my staple breakfast. I love it!

Reactions: 2 people

freshlybrewed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sensory overloading
Still struggling with what to have at breakfast

Well done on the 7kg!! put 1-2 tbs olive oil in a small frying pan, followed by... what ever you fancy, streaky bacon, diced chipolata (1 will do), 2 cherry tomatoes (breaks up the protein monotony), 4 olives (more fat), half an avocado (even more fat), grated cheese. Let that lot gently simmer for a minute, get the grill warmed up, wash the chopping board and knife. Whisk the egg with a pinch of Basil and seasoning to taste, throw that over the lot in the pan. Wash the jug and a few things. Stuff the pan under the grill. Finish off the washing up. Take the pan out from the grill, slide the lot off onto a plate. Wash the pan and tidy up the last of the work top, go and eat. It looks small but has around 400kcal 4g carbs 40g fat. Variations of that will keep you going for weeks. You could even cook it the night before and warm it up in the microwave if you're really stuck for time. If you're committed to efficiency you could cook up a batch of 5 portions over the weekend, into separate freezer packs, which can be taken straight out the freezer and microwaved or re-fried on the hob.

Emjay1581

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed in April with Diabetes T2 weighed 134kg, 17th August got weighed by nurse and was 129kg, got weighed today and 129kg - getting there slowly :)

Reactions: 10 people

Rachele(^_^)

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, just wanted to share my story as well.
I was diagnosed in November of 2013, weighing in @ 131.5kg, after the first year I dropped 29.5kg, putting me @ 102kg, and as of today I'm now currently at 84.5kg. Striving for a weight to control my T2 diabetes with exercise and food changes and getting off of the Metformin, currently taking 1(500mg) tablet daily.

Reactions: 11 people