Low carb diet book

Linliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am really struggling with my weight since going on insulin twice daily i had lost nearly 5st on victoza which i no longer take ive put on more than 2 st would like any recommended low carb recipe book

Jacqui_Jay

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mis-use of the English language, road rage, people who think the world owes them a living
Just been looking at the low carb for beginners.
I think I can cope with most of that, though I will really struggle without potato.
I have a question, though.
I drink a double gin each night with about 500ml of slimline tonic.
Do I need to give this up?
My nightly tipple used to be dry white wine but it played havoc with my digestive system.
Am I about to become tee-total?

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Just been looking at the low carb for beginners.
I think I can cope with most of that, though I will really struggle without potato.
I have a question, though.
I drink a double gin each night with about 500ml of slimline tonic.
Do I need to give this up?
My nightly tipple used to be dry white wine but it played havoc with my digestive system.
Am I about to become tee-total?
I doubt it! I would worry more about the potato than the gin personally. Welcome to the forum :)

Jacqui_Jay

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mis-use of the English language, road rage, people who think the world owes them a living
Thank you, Avocado Sevenfold.
I'll take a deep breath and get started on the new routine.
Just need to decide whether to go cold turkey from Day One or do it in stages.

Linliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive ordered a low carb book from Amazon so hopefully try it next week

Jacqui_Jay

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have read that you should ease into it if you have any problems with your retinas as this can cause further damage if your levels drop too suddenly. If your eyes are fine, it's up to you how you change routine to fit in with your lifestyle. Good luck. (I went cold turkey)

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only

Cold turkey worked for me as it took a while to retrain my food prep thinking. Amazing what we do on autopilot, now 3ish mths down the line I am a lot better. I don't remember the LCHF "flu" some have experienced, but be aware that withdrawal headaches and feeling **** might have you reaching for your g&t's a bit earlier ;)

Linliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am currently receiving injections in my eye so what would you advise me to do about starting LC diet

Jacqui_Jay

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm having problems with my eyes at the moment, so I'll have a word with my optometrist next week.
In the meantime, I'll start with breakfasts as well as cutting back on carbs at my other meals.
I feel more positive already, just for reading through the forum and asking questions.
Thank you all for the advice. :)