Chips

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Not a great idea! :D Suggest cold shower till the urge goes away!! :lol: :lol: Chips 45.2 gm carbs per 150gm depending on whether they are homemade or not,could be even higher!

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Hi sachin,

The frying process can dampen the effect of chips on bloodsugar. You really need to do a bit of intensive testing so that you can decide for yourself which foods to give a wide berth.

Anything with potato in it will tend to give your pancreas a thorough workout.

Regards,
timo.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not exactly low-carb as such but better than spuds are butternut squash chips. Peel, cut and fry as usual. Very tasty and very like the real thing. I fry mine in olive oil because it buy and use it by the bucketful. It may be worth using an oil or fat that reaches a higher temperature for better results. Nice bit of beef dripping mayhap?

wiflib

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
A single chip stolen off a non-diabetic friend's plate contains no carbs or calories 8)
Hana

caitycakes1

Had about 6 chips sandwiched between two slices of Fergus's bread the other night. Absolute heaven. First time in a year and bs levels were ok. YIPEEEEEEEE!

caitycakes x

yipster29

I gave in on holiday and stole a whole ONE chip off my sons plate, it tasted greasy and disgusting and I left half... I was sooo pleased I wasn't missing out after all! 8)

oojimmyfllip

if I eat a chip butty now i will suffer for it in three weeks time when my sugars shoot up-always a delayed action but I always suffer for it and the suffering is usually loss of vision/focus and high b/s for a long period. (Not worth the five mins pleasure).

regards nigel.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi.

if I eat a chip butty now i will suffer for it in three weeks time when my sugars shoot up-always a delayed action

I know some foods are slow acting carbs.....but 3 weeks ?? :shock:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been doing this lately:

1) Cut COURGETTES (that's right, ourgettes) into chunky chip size peices.
2) Fry 'emin a hot pan in a mixture of butter and olive oil.
3) Fry until browned on all sides.
4) Chuck some salt on 'em and go nuts...

They'll do for a low carb alternative. make sure the pan is VERY hot - to low and th ecourgettes will turn to mush.

malky

i have chips about 2 or 3 times a week and just do my usually and adjust my insulin accordingly so yes you can have chips

Spiral

I had chips when I was on holiday last week :oops: Sat by the harbour in Oban with my son, eating chips and veggie haggis :oops: on Saturday. I fell far from the low/reduced carb waggon on Saturday and Sunday :oops:

I don't know if I caught the height of the spike, but it did go up to 9.4 :oops: :oops: I am now back on the straight and narrow.

Potato sends my blood sugar through the roof, but at a slightly slower pace if combined with large quantities of fat :oops:

stewcose

I have found if you eat chips in a dark room the carbs have no effect on your bs. But you must remember to test your bs under the same circumstances. GREAT

caitycakes1

Aw, don't you just love the humour on here. It's better than the telly any day. Haven't laughed so much in ages Stewcose. :lol:

Caitycakes x

peecee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
**** it!! now i've read this thread i fancy some chips :(