Do you like drinking tea to cut your diabetes?

G

graj0

Why is I don't know anyone who drinks orange squash unless they're playing in a competitive tennis match? Lots of my friends are very keen competitive tennis players, the orange squash only comes out for matches. I've led a sheltered life obviously.

Ah! I know why now, having found the research, it was carried out in Norfolk, UK. Might have been a sample of 25,000, but just in Norfolk?

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
"most of our products have tea as the essential ingredients" ~ most of whose products? I've not drunk tea, or wine or eaten grapes since I found out I'm allergic to tannin. Don't like tea or wine but did like an odd grape now & then.

Also don't like orange squash, but do live in Norfolk lol

Smartie xx

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And tea also contains a lot of caffeine which is not too good for those of us who are caffiene intolerant.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I love tea and have drunk it for many years, I still have type 1 though................................:mad:

Reactions: 4 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Tea is a healthy beverage; hence, most of our products have tea as the essential ingredients. Just now I saw an article about cutting the diabetes by drinking tea. Really great. Share with you.

Swapping orange squash for a cup of tea cuts diabetes risk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...uash-for-a-cup-of-tea-cuts-diabetes-risk.html
This article says the people in the study replaced sugary drinks with tea, coffee or water. So there is nothing special about tea. The issue is that the drinks had less sugar.

Replacing any sugary drink with a non sugary one is healthy.

Reactions: 3 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This article says the people in the study replaced sugary drinks with tea, coffee or water. So there is nothing special about tea. The issue is that the drinks had less sugar.

Yes, I wonder if the results would have been the same if they'd simply replaced the sugary drinks with water?

Reactions: 3 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My kids drink squash but its definitely not got sugar in it...............is this because I am diabetic? I dont believe so........

other non diabetic families I know also use sugar free stuff........

does anyone here use the sugary stuff..........?

maybe a silly question in a diabetic forum.....lol

Suzannelife

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
BOLL
"most of our products have tea as the essential ingredients" ~ most of whose products? I've not drunk tea, or wine or eaten grapes since I found out I'm allergic to tannin. Don't like tea or wine but did like an odd grape now & then.

Also don't like orange squash, but do live in Norfolk lol

Smartie xx
You are allergic to tannin while other not. Good

Last edited by a moderator:

Suzannelife

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
BOLL
My kids drink squash but its definitely not got sugar in it...............is this because I am diabetic? I dont believe so........

other non diabetic families I know also use sugar free stuff........

does anyone here use the sugary stuff..........?

maybe a silly question in a diabetic forum.....lol
It is not a silly question. Lots of people use the sugary stuff even if they are suffering from diabetes.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I stopped drinking tea and strong black coffee about 8 months ago, I now drink a cup of green tea with my breakfast and then a couple of fruit teas usually raspberry & peach through the day.

I most important thing Ive noticed is that both my blood pressure and pulse rate have dropped since making this choice, I suspect it is the lack of caffeine in the fruit drinks that have been responsible :)

I tried a cup of ordinary tea recently and didnt like it at all after drinking the fruit drinks for so long now, I do still drink an occasional cup of black coffee but down from about 4 or 5 cups a day to one or two a week.

Strangely I would never have thought that I would be drinking fruit tea drinks even a year ago, the very thought of herbal type teas made me feel sick and still does other than the Knightsbridge Raspberry & Peach drink from Lidl, their Very Berry is also nice too. And theyre cheap too at 89p a 40 cup/bag packet.

fruit.jpg

There not half price this pic was from march and was the only one I could find ;)

I did try their peppermint drink but I didnt like that at all :( so that packet went in the bin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I drink gallons of green tea and decaffeinated black tea and it has no bearing on my control whatsoever. As for the article it's another nonsensical piece of garbage. When I was first diagnosed I used to believe such articles and followed many of them, only to discover they are all make believe :)

Reactions: 2 people

reidpj

3 cappuccinos (Nespresso) with 2 sweeteners, every morning; 3 or 4 mugs of tea (black with 6 sweeteners in each), along with 2 or 3 pints of diluted, sugarfree, squash throughout the day; the odd bottle or 3 of red wine, just to be social

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Nothing special about tea.................:eek::arghh: it's lovely, just having one now :hungry:

Reactions: 2 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't like tea. It tastes like liquid halitosis.