Have a smile on me. X

alangarry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nosey Bossy people
On this warm July Saturday, I'm going to put up some fun pictures for all you cat lovers. Although I've never owned a cat, several of my friends do. And, it has to be said, they're truly NUTS! They get themselves into the strangest of places...and always have this "well, what about it" attitude...like it's everyone around them who's weird, coz it can't possibly be them! Lol. One particular friend has a lovely black n white cat called Basil. He almost gave me a heart attack one day when he hid inside one of my Ugg boots which I'd taken off when I arrived. I was just about to put my foot into it, when this little black face popped up. I screamed, threw the boot up into the air.....and the last I saw of Basil was him fleeing down the hallway like a rocket. My mate said she couldn't coax him out from underneath her bed, where he'd hidden, for 3 hours afterwards. And he only emerged after being bribed with a tin of Sardines. Hahaha. I'm still not sure exactly which one of us got the biggest shock that day. :eek:

Hope these pics raise a smile & help brighten your Saturday. Have a good one folks. X

View attachment 14267

View attachment 14269

View attachment 14272

View attachment 14273
View attachment 14274

I think most cat owners will relate to THIS one.............

View attachment 14275

Awwwww, this one's just SO cute that I had to include it. You can't not smile. :)

View attachment 14277

I love the last picture what a cute little guy

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi @alangarry. Nice to see you popping by for a bit of light relief from this diabetes business. You must be settling into the forum hun. Glad that you enjoyed the pics. And yeah, I like the bike one too. Wonder if he ever got it back. Here's a couple of smiles just for you. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!

alangarry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nosey Bossy people

That is funny, yeah feeling a lot better, been to Doctors and blood pressure down was very high, Blood sugars are looking good, before dinner it read 6.7 and 2hrs after 8.1

Dinner was 3 egg omelet with chicken, peas, mushrooms and onions, only checked it twice today.
Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs with quarter tin of chopped tomatoes on whole grain brown bread.
Lunch was small tin off pilchards in tomato sauce with about 10 cherry tomatoes.
Snacked on a apple cut into four.

Only been on metformin since Thursday, thats when I was diagnosed, just eating low carb food.

Thank you you have been very kind and very helpful and made me laugh, x

Reactions: 11 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That is funny, yeah feeling a lot better, been to Doctors and blood pressure down was very high, Blood sugars are looking good, before dinner it read 6.7 and 2hrs after 8.1

Dinner was 3 egg omelet with chicken, peas, mushrooms and onions, only checked it twice today.
Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs with quarter tin of chopped tomatoes.
Lunch was small tin off pilchards in tomato sauce with about 10 cherry tomatoes.
Snacked on a apple cut into four.

Only been on metformin since Thursday, thats when I was diagnosed, just eating low carb food.

Thank you you have been very kind and very helpful and made me laugh, x

Hey @alangarry. Those numbers are great. The Metformin will give your Pancreas "a rest" & can also help with weight loss. You'll begin to feel better about things once you get your head around what you're ok to eat. I'm a rubbish cook, so I always have frozen or prepacked food in to make life easier. Crustless Quiche from the Deli at Morrisons, Cauliflower cheese, fish in sauce, frozen or fresh roast vegetables, high fibre crackers, rotisserie chicken & hot meat counter ham hock, mini-milk ice lollies, Irish brand Diet yoghurt. Anything for a quick fix. That little list might help. Don't be afraid of food. You'll get into a good routine & life gets easier. This should make you smile:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Mr Grumpy cat is definitely a made-moggy. I'm sure he's on the FBI most wanted list as he is the head of the moggy-mafia lmao :p

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This one's so ridiculous. But it cracked me up.

image.jpg

And, this is a pic I've posted before...but it STILL makes me laugh out loud.

image.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reactions: 11 people