Low carb doesn't work for me.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading your OP again.. I don't think you are doing the LCHF way of eating yet ...can you post more of what you eat .. Try to aim for between 30 to 40g of carbs a day and increase your fat in your diet. So cut out Bread (all kinds of bread to start with) and potatoes .. Rice ..pasta ..oats ..cereals and all low fat foods. I also have to cut out beans and pulses apart from pearl badly as they spike my sugars.
Not sure how or why you would want to place a cash amount on each meal ! If you think of a week at a time for food then just divide the food into meals .. I don't think your being realistic by saying xpence for breakfast and Xpence for lunch .. Or are you having to purchase these meals out at the time you eat them ?

Reactions: 2 people

goose64

As I said I stopped LCHF when I got my cholesterol resuldt, an LCH day would have been yoghurt with 1tsb no added sugar/salt muesli (2 if very hungry) for breekie, lunch omlet /fry up/salad & evening normal meal with no pots or small amount brown rice or cooled & reheated pasta. as to the cash limit this is purely to help OH budget for the week.

Main problem is that due to health problems affecting mobility OH is in charge of shopping and cooking so what he says goes. I have asked him to get cauli etc for mock rice but he says I'm being far too extreme and that his mother (type 2 for over 40 years) doesn't do any of this & she doesn't have a problem . Much as I love him he's stubborner than the stubbornest man in stubborntown & he always know better than the expert

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As I said I stopped LCHF when I got my cholesterol resuldt, an LCH day would have been yoghurt with 1tsb no added sugar/salt muesli (2 if very hungry) for breekie, lunch omlet /fry up/salad & evening normal meal with no pots or small amount brown rice or cooled & reheated pasta. as to the cash limit this is purely to help OH budget for the week.

Main problem is that due to health problems affecting mobility OH is in charge of shopping and cooking so what he says goes. I have asked him to get cauli etc for mock rice but he says I'm being far too extreme and that his mother (type 2 for over 40 years) doesn't do any of this & she doesn't have a problem . Much as I love him he's stubborner than the stubbornest man in stubborntown & he always know better than the expert
Can you not order your food to be delivered then you can decide what you want

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does your OH realise that every diabetic is different and what is fine for his mother may not be fine for you. With your other health problems its really important that you keep your BS under control and he needs to try and understand this.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Have you got a meter and if so, do you test after a meal?

Testing is THE most reliable way of understanding how our bodies react to certain food and also a way of determining how to reach or own goal, not our mother's in law goals.

So testing is the way to go.He can't really quarrel with that, can he?

wd6ecc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
cholesterol has been miss understood, do some research on the latest information lots say it does not cause heart problems, its inflammation that causes the heart problems your body needs cholesterol for correct functioning

Reactions: 2 people