How i got my own levels back into single figures.

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government Leaders who feel they are the owner of ME.
Yes Diet can help greatly. Although still on meds, insulin metformin and other, before i changed my eating habits my levels were all over the place, docs would up my meds one week lower the next, levels were up and down, all over the place, even into the 20's sometimes.
I got my Levels down from double figures by changing what i was eating, i stopped any tinned foods, i started eating mostly chicken, roasted, stir fried, but mainly roasted in the oven along with oven roasted vegetables, chicken thighs with a little salt on the skin to make it go crispy and yes after a while it got a bit boring but i do love chicken luckily enough.
As said my levels dropped into single figures pretty quickly.
Yes as simple as that, now a firm believer in, you are what you eat, now and again i am a bad lad and have something that raises my levels, but i know that i will have them back to single numbers again the next day.
I am certain it will help those that are in the same boat as i was, yes i did try certain miracle diets on here and yes they appeared to work wonders but it never lasted, well for me anyway it never.
Try the chicken and vegetable main meal, and i am sure you can change when the chicken becomes boring, i sometimes now have the cheap steak from Aldi in place of the chicken, and yes fried, but always with non tinned veg, or non tinned anything.
If you have problems then its worth a try, i dont weigh my veg or my chicken, i eat as much or as little as i want at the time, it works for me, i am sure it will help your numbers as well, cant hurt to try.

Jim

Reactions: 4 people

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government Leaders who feel they are the owner of ME.
Hi Brett, that Newcastle Diet worked wonders for my weight fella, could not fault it, but alas, i needed more bulk in the end as it got boring to this greedy fella, so as soon as i tried to tweak it, it went down the drain and i must admit i became very depressed because i was doing so well, and i know just how well others done with it also, but as i tried to tweak it my levels went haywire again, not the diets fault but my own, i just got bored again lol, after that on a couple of occasions my doc would not let me out of the surgery until they had given me biscuits and a hot chocolate drink lol, but i knew then that it had to be what i was eating and decided against processed tinned foods or meats and it worked, again very quickly.

Jim