Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
4.0 this morning.
I'm noticing a pattern - if I have a few slurps of red wine in an evening I have lower BG in the morning. Sounds like a good excuse to me!

Reactions: 23 people

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all:)
No stress or rushing around today, slept in and woke to a fbg of 6.4 .... happy with that:D:D

Reactions: 21 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5.4 :D from a bed time reading of 12.7 !!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 21 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.7 this morning, about where I expect it to be.

Reactions: 19 people

Perro

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Normally my fasting BG is between 7.0 and 6.0 mmol/L in the morning. HBA1C steadily going down and 38 mmol/mol or 5.6% 19 August 15.
But the meter reading is +- 10%. So a 6.0 is somewhere between 6.6 and 5.4, - which is Ok. :)

Reactions: 16 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!

BG was 4.6 fasting and a 5.1 before bed. Have a good day folks.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this wet, sunny, cold and/or windy morning (just) - may make it's mind up by the end of the day!!

Reactions: 17 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
7.8 at 7.30 a.m. - caught the little b******d again

You're obviously frustrated & upset with your postprandial BG levels. What you're perhaps not doing is looking at your starting BG, then testing again to see if what you've eaten hasn't pushed you above a 2.0 BG rise. You're stressing yourself out by testing so frequently. Stress in itself raises BG. What are you trying to achieve by testing every 30 minutes or so in the morning? Give yourself a break hun.

Reactions: 11 people

DawnPhenomenon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
You're obviously frustrated & upset with your postprandial BG levels. What you're perhaps not doing is looking at your starting BG, then testing again to see if what you've eaten hasn't pushed you above a 2.0 BG rise. You're stressing yourself out by testing so frequently. Stress in itself raises BG. What are you trying to achieve by testing every 30 minutes or so in the morning? Give yourself a break hun.

Hmm - I guess I am a little frustrated. I had eaten nothing - that's what's frustrating. I was hoping I was levelling out. I don't test like that every day - just now and then to see what's going on.

Reactions: 8 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good evening all. A VERY late posting today but I was up and out with the lark for a whole day Sashiko quilting workshop. I had a fasting reading this morning of 5.2 after a reading of 5.5 at bedtime last night. These figures also prove I'm not taking sneaky peeks at britishpub's meter!

Reactions: 17 people

DawnPhenomenon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi @DawnPhenomenon. Trouble with skipping meals is that in the absence of food, your body protects itself from "starvation" by signalling the liver to release glucose into the bloodstream. So, raising your BG. I learnt the hard way not to skip meals & to eat a snack inbetween meals to stop this happening. You shouldn't be going hungry on an LCHF diet hun. That's a recipe for failure. Rooting for you. :)

Thanks. This is a 'what was your fasting blood glucose in the morning'? My fasting blood sugar in the morning was 6.1 rising to 7.9. I din't skip any meals. This was pre breakfast. That what happens to me every morning - that's my big problem (hence the monica.

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks. This is a 'what was your fasting blood glucose in the morning'? My fasting blood sugar in the morning was 6.1 rising to 7.9. I din't skip any meals. This was pre breakfast. That what happens to me every morning - that's my big problem (hence the monica.

Oh deary me! Obviously I misunderstood your post about "eating nothing." My mistake. I shall chastise myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people