September Fat Fast

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

Well here we go then. A bit ott last night with a trip to Speyside and the carb cupboard has left me fuzzy and flabby so a pre fat water fast is a much welcome break. Not sure who is in on this one as @nomistheman has man flu at the mo and @zand had the female version a while back. Our man down under @merrylizard is in so here we go.......

So l am ashamed to say starting figures are:
Fasting bloods 5.8
Blood keystones 0.2
Weight 16 stone
Mood hungover
Plan for the day pffwf. Leg raised and iced. Lots of chores to do.

Reactions: 7 people

Merrylizard1314

G'day to all

Hope @zand and @nomistheman feel better soon.

My goal is to stay in moderate ketosis with low BGLs, reducing insulin resistance and increasing insulin sensitivity with exercise, mostly swimming and walk/running.

I am not sure if we are maintaining the 1000calorie limit, but I'will start off with that, and see what happens.
Starting weight 64kg
BGL 4.2
Ketones 1.0
Mood: optimistic
Plan for tomorrow: 1 hour swim then possibly a rather wimpy bulletproof coffee to begin .

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wotcha!

I will (as usual) cheer from the sidelines while doing my usual 16:8 intermittent fat fast (which is basically eating normal low carb high fat for lunch and dinner, with nothing for the other 16 hours a day, except fat - coffeencream or bulletproof for brekkie every morning)

Reckon is keeps me skipping along in mild ketosis almost all the time...

How many calories do you average a day?

edit: oops, just noticed that merry has just answered that q...

Reactions: 8 people

Merrylizard1314

The first day, and while I went swimming this morning- lovely, by the way, with a promise of 23degrees, I did not do the BGL and ketones until I got back.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1442186854.726468.jpg

Pay no attention to the dates on the bottom of these meters - I have never really got to grips with setting them, and I keep a diary note of the readings in any case. So, onwards to the coffee

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

Fasting bloods 6.0
Blood ketones 0.5

Blew my ratios with this beauty. Evil salmon 120g slice,!
20150915_201135.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-16-09-14-23.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Merrylizard1314

BGL 4.2mmol/L ketones2.1

Carbs 6%. Protein 10% Fat 84%

My dinner looked very like yours, @Baruney.

Tomorrow I will likely not have such good numbers, so you can catch up! Family birthday celebration
A significant one - not only will there be red wine, it will be flowing prodigiously and the cake will be served in enormous portions, with ice cream, fruit etc., etc. And the meal beforehand, words fail me!!
Catch up tomorrow, if I survive. The amazing thing is, I used to eat all this stuff without turning a hair, and now....

Reactions: 2 people

Merrylizard1314

Day 4
Pleased that the BGL remains at 4.0mmol/L and ketones 2.6 this am.
Have to get hair fixed, for giant party pm.then full fig, so pretty harried today. Just had a BP cocoa to sustain me until the onslaught!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1442453641.759856.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1442453689.974281.jpg
1 is yesterday's food allocation,I forgot to put it in. 2 is BP cocoa,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Alright there lads!
How's it hanging?

Looking good, hope the fat fest works!:D

Having my gammon and eggs before my trip to the east coast for the footie.

Keep ketosis-ing!;)

Reactions: 2 people

Merrylizard1314

11.20pm. That was such a carb fest! I think I may have eaten at least twice as many calories, probably more than 2000, and carb intake has been taken to the frontiers of insanity!

Merrylizard1314

Hello, just surfaced after an unusual bed rest . Too much dancing, I think - too much of every thing, if I am honest! BGL 5.1mmol/L this morning. Better than I deserved. Didn't have breakfast, only water - lots - and at mid day, 4.1 mmmol/l and ketones 0.4. Alas!
@Clivethedrive will take back the stars and I will be cast out into darkness, berating myself for my folly!
I think that only the person having the birthday should eat cake and all manner of stuff. It should be a spectator sport, like the weighing of the King of Tonga.
@Baruney in the blue box, hummus, home made and low carb
It is now 9.30pm and I have had 1 BP cocoa , worked in the garden all day, and had some pecan sandwiches.
BGL4.9mmol/L. Ketones1.1
Back on track tomorrow.
I will do an extra day, to make up.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola @merrylizard

Disastrous exit from the fat fast last night which I totally blame on the brilliant japs. Ended up down the squash club for a cheeky couple of glasses of red. Was going quite well til then but will do another in a month or so as penance.

Round up below......