20 week scan

jade88

So we found out today we are having a boy!!! Everything went well all measurement normal! We have a fetal Echo scan next week and a Doppler scan week after? Apparently these are to do with my diabetes just wondering if any of you ladies had similar scans? Anyway here's a pic of our lil fella:
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1442252981.749514.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jade , this is amazing news , congratulations on finding out your having a boy . :dummy:

And about the scans , I just had my regular checks then the extra scans towards the end as diabetics do .
8 weeks
12 weeks
20 weeks
28 weeks
32 weeks
Then my emergency scan the day before my emergency c section , they were never called what you have mentioned above , they were just regular checks like I had had before . So I'm not much help there sorry .

But I'm so excited for you , you must be over the moon. :)

xxx

sleepyheadzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So we found out today we are having a boy!!! Everything went well all measurement normal! We have a fetal Echo scan next week and a Doppler scan week after? Apparently these are to do with my diabetes just wondering if any of you ladies had similar scans?

Congrats, what a beautiful boy! I'm also on the boy-bandwagon at 29 weeks. :)

I'm in Canada so I'm sure standards are little varied, but I didn't have the doppler or the fetal echo. None of my blood work showed any concerns for abnormalities and all the ultrasounds have looked great with him being right on schedule.
My ultrasounds have so far been:
19 weeks (no earlier dating scan because I was sure of the dates)
23 weeks
27 weeks
next one is 31 weeks, and after that 33 weeks; and I think weekly at that point, especially if he's measuring big.

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lovely pic, Jade :)

I can't remember what my scans were called (baby brain!!) but I did have one that checked the blood flow in the umbilical blood vessels and I think that MAY have been a Doppler scan. I had two of those but they were just done at the same time as my growth scans and were very quick.

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HI Jade, I had those scans as well, it's normal as with the diabetes there is an increase risk of cardiac problems in the baby so they do a detailed heart scan (fetal echo). Some departments do the doppler and others don't, just depends on local guidelines.
Glad to see you're doing so well!
x

nmb264

Great news! I'm having a boy too!

I had a:
5 week scan
8 week
12 week
18 week (anomaly scan)
22 week (cardiac scan)

Not been advised of any more yet and but each fortnight at the clinic they listen to the heartbeat. I think that's the doppler??

jade88

Hi girls thanks for all the responses! Seems it varies from each hospital! Just get so nervous with every scan! xxx

Reactions: 6 people

jade88

Hi Cloe all going well thank you! We had the heart scan last week and everything was fine! He also did the Doppler scan which was scan of placenta to check for early signs of pre eclampsia but again all good!
How are you and your little boy doing? xxx

Reactions: 2 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Cloe all going well thank you! We had the heart scan last week and everything was fine! He also did the Doppler scan which was scan of placenta to check for early signs of pre eclampsia but again all good!
How are you and your little boy doing? xxx

I'm so glad that all your tests have been going really well for you . Such an exciting time , but so nerve racking too . You sound as if your doing so well , how's your diabetes been ?
Yeah we've been really good thank you , his such an amazing baby love being a mummy , his 6 months soon so will be starting him on solids. :dummy: xxx

jade88

Diabetes has been quite good - resistance kicked in a few weeks ago so been slowing increasing how much insulin I take!
Wow nearly six months that's gone so quickly! How have you found your diabetes since you gave birth? xxx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So happy it's all going well can't believe your 20 or so weeks now , not so good that the resistance has kicked in what a pain lol .

Yeah it's been ok , it was tricky at first to get it all back under control after Lucas , my hba1c is now 6.5% so done ok with it all .
What is your latest hba1c ?

xxx