11 Days left!

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arogance, Bullies, Rudeness, Discrimination towards diabetes
My c-section is 11 days away now and so close.

I've got my steroid injections this week I was told I'm out on a background sliding scale to help maintain my blood sugars... Do they normally let you move around whilst this happens?

I can't believe that the end is so near!

Reactions: 5 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Very close! I was wondering how much longer you had left!

No idea about the sliding scale sadly as I didn't have a C section. I'm sure someone here will be able to answer though. Although bear in mind it could vary hospital to hospital. Could you ask your DSN or a midwife just to be sure?

And good luck! Hoping to hear from you very soon! X

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The sliding scale is for the steroids the full one will be for c-section :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good luck, so excited for you x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The sliding scale is for the steroids the full one will be for c-section :)

Got you :) Yes, steroids can cause high sugars so a sliding scale makes sense. I remember my consultant mentioning steroids to me. I didn't have them but my previous baby was premature so I'd asked the consultant about them.

11 days will fly by!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maryamy. :)

I can not believe it's only 11 days away I bet your so ready to meet baby now , won't be long .
I'm not to sure to your question , I had an emergency section and only got put on sliding scale not that long before I went down to theatre which they then took it off for the section anyway so I didn't really understand that bit . Maybe as I had had my morning background already who knows but anyway once that was in I wasn't allowed to move about but baby was being monitored so I'm not sure if that's why . Definitely agree with azure to ask your diabetes team .

I was told by one of the nurses when I was about to have the steroid injections , before they are about to do it wiggle your toes and don't stop Untill the injection is done , they aren't the nicest of injections , but the wiggling takes your mind off of that as your concentrating on wiggling them toes , best of luck lets us know how you get on with your steroid injections .
x

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Maryamy. :)

I can not believe it's only 11 days away I bet your so ready to meet baby now , won't be long .
I'm not to sure to your question , I had an emergency section and only got put on sliding scale not that long before I went down to theatre which they then took it off for the section anyway so I didn't really understand that bit . Maybe as I had had my morning background already who knows but anyway once that was in I wasn't allowed to move about but baby was being monitored so I'm not sure if that's why . Definitely agree with azure to ask your diabetes team .

I was told by one of the nurses when I was about to have the steroid injections , before they are about to do it wiggle your toes and don't stop Untill the injection is done , they aren't the nicest of injections , but the wiggling takes your mind off of that as your concentrating on wiggling them toes , best of luck lets us know how you get on with your steroid injections .
x
I'm very ready, where do they actually put the injections?

Yuste

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on sliding scale during labour and was moving around. Had an emergency c-section at the end and they kept sliding scale.
Good thing to know for c-section: http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2014/06/birth-canal-bacteria-c-section
I did that to my baby girl. There's much more information you can find on internet and also there's a documentary about it: Micro birth.

Good luck and all the best for you! <3

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm very ready, where do they actually put the injections?

I had both of mine in my thighs , and I'm pretty sure a lot of people have them there , for some reason the women across from me had hers in her arms , whether there was a reason she couldn't have them in her thighs I'm unsure .
But mine went into my thighs x

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry but why would you refuse something that is the best thing to help your baby be healthier when born?

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I had both of mine in my thighs , and I'm pretty sure a lot of people have them there , for some reason the women across from me had hers in her arms , whether there was a reason she couldn't have them in her thighs I'm unsure .
But mine went into my thighs x
I can see what you mean first one was bloody painful x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can see what you mean first one was bloody painful x

Lol. They are a real nasty injections ain't they , but worth having them for baby but yes ouch lol
How far along will you be when your section has been booked for ? x

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lol. They are a real nasty injections ain't they , but worth having them for baby but yes ouch lol
How far along will you be when your section has been booked for ? x
I thought lantus was bad enough!
I'll be 37+5 weeks x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought lantus was bad enough!
I'll be 37+5 weeks x

Brings a whole different meaning to the word painful injection , just think lantus will never bother you again now after that one haha
That's a really good time to get too , what day is your actual section 24th ? x

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brings a whole different meaning to the word painful injection , just think lantus will never bother you again now after that one haha
Yeah he's estimated to be 10lb at birth I'm surprised they're keeping him in that long

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Haha I think you may be right there!
Second one just done wasn't as bad as the first

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is he really wow lol , they must think your doing ok though to keep him in Untill your date but I see what you mean .
I had Lucas at 35+6 and he was 7 pounds they said any longer he would of been about 9-10 pounds .
Sounds lucky your having a c section lol bless him . So good the second lot weren't as bad as the first , I wonder if there like that because you know what to expect where as the first is a shock . What has your latest hba1c been ?

x

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
54 from 74 at start of pregnancy

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My left leg is still in agony from that steroid injection yesterday I feel nothing in my right x