2in1 Smart Glucometer

Mr TEL

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys

I liked the look of this meter, as it works directly with a smartphone. So I tried it and found it to be around 50% out compared to two of my other ones. For example, my Freestyle Optium gave a result of 11.1, my IBGStar gave 10.9 while this one showed 5.5! I got a similar pattern over two days, each time using the same sample with each meter.

I returned it to the company in Europe that sells it, and they refuse to acknowledge that there's anything wrong at all, saying that it's a perfectly acceptable tolerance. I don't think this even meets UK guidelines.

As anyone else had any experience with this device?

irrationalJohn

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I liked the look of this meter, as it works directly with a smartphone. So I tried it and found it to be around 50% out compared to two of my other ones.
Sorry to hear that it turned out to be such a dud.

Still, reworking the BG meter as a a small adapter which plugs into a smart phone is an interesting approach. Maybe another company will try this again in the future and actually make it work? Right now I think the primary market for BG meters is seen as older people who are assumed to be tech adverse. As this assumption changes over time, perhaps the way our devices connect will also change?

Donkeymad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmm. Saw this meter a few days ago and liked it, so came here to see if there were any reviews etc. Not looking good then.

mandygriffin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys

I liked the look of this meter, as it works directly with a smartphone. So I tried it and found it to be around 50% out compared to two of my other ones. For example, my Freestyle Optium gave a result of 11.1, my IBGStar gave 10.9 while this one showed 5.5! I got a similar pattern over two days, each time using the same sample with each meter.

I returned it to the company in Europe that sells it, and they refuse to acknowledge that there's anything wrong at all, saying that it's a perfectly acceptable tolerance. I don't think this even meets UK guidelines.

As anyone else had any experience with this device?

I have been using mine for about 6 months now, and have not noticed any inaccuracy. It tallys with my recent hba1c result well.

I love being able to email my results to medical professionals, and the graph is useful too.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I had a chat with these guys at PDC2015. Their product is very similar to the Dario (on which I wrote a review here)

They use the same manufacturer of test strips (and I'd guess, the phone plug in) as Dario and SD Codefree, which is South Korean. The software does very similar things to Dario as well. Both seem to have grown up independently. 2in1 is Serbian while Dario is from Israel.

The one comment I'd make is that the companies recommend not using the strips after they've been unsealed for a month. I'd have to confirm this is the best approach to take. I got crazy results on strips that had been open for three months, and even on ones that haven't been used for two months I get a 50% error.

Mr TEL

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a chat with these guys at PDC2015. Their product is very similar to the Dario (on which I wrote a review here)

They use the same manufacturer of test strips (and I'd guess, the phone plug in) as Dario and SD Codefree, which is South Korean. The software does very similar things to Dario as well. Both seem to have grown up independently. 2in1 is Serbian while Dario is from Israel.

The one comment I'd make is that the companies recommend not using the strips after they've been unsealed for a month. I'd have to confirm this is the best approach to take. I got crazy results on strips that had been open for three months, and even on ones that haven't been used for two months I get a 50% error.

That's interesting to know mate. But I tested mine using the strips that came with it (there were only 10), and a fresh pack from a sealed box. So it didn't work for me. I didn't like the cavalier attitude of the guy I spoke to either. I had to get Amazon to refund the return postage, as he wouldn't play ball.