Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't understand any of it!!! My sugars went up to 24.3!!!!!! Doctor was shocked but not as much as me!! It's down to 7.4 in 3 months and choleste down from 8 to 3.3 and tryicerites down to 1 from 1.9. Just cut out cakes ect, and ate healthy, Wish Id done that last year. Got nerve damage now but keep trying you will get there! Get a machine then you can check your sugars, wish I'd got one before I went so high good luck.

Reactions: 20 people

merishar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
yesterday was 7.3 which is high. Wife was just diagnosed with cancer which has put a strain on us. Normally between 5.5 and 6.5 in the morning.
HbA1c in August was 5.5

Reactions: 20 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 this morning looks like new insulin dose is working:). My sugar levels are settling down again. Wish I could say the same for my chest :rolleyes:

Reactions: 23 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have 5.1 :happy:, but I have a large blister on my foot, so I need to cancel climbing for tonight :bigtears: It will be Yoga instead :)

Reactions: 22 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello islelassie, the key to this is lchf,and moderate exercise,and if needs be losing weight,have you checked what bmi you are?

Mine was 7.2 this morning - and has been much of a muchness since I got a meter and started testing - which was after I'd started to make big diet and exercise changes.

Often, my first reading is turning out to be the highest of the day, with levels after meals even below those before. I've been recording levels, but not recording the diet and exercise details (I get very fed up of all this writing things down), but think I must have a spell where I do all that, if I'm going to get the level down.

Reactions: 24 people