GlucoTrack -non-invasive blood glucose monitor

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This device was suppose to make it to the UK market last year , the company seem to have signed up manufactures and worldwide distributors.

However does anyone have any info about the product and if it is still going ahead with the UK ? ....it seems promising and good for competition. (Would be prefect to use while running !)

here's their website :
http://www.integrity-app.com/the-glucotrack/

Thanks in advance.

iHs

Not sure on this.....but I think it got showed at the recent ATTD in Paris along with Senseonics

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes there is a lot of basic product info , they have been around for 10 years so it should be coming to market soon that's if they have a viable product.
I have emailed the company about what their plans are for the uk, I doubt if they will disclose any commercially sensitive information to me.

However the device looks promising , I am hoping they can deliver !

Have been unable to find a single user story online ....which is a tad disappointing

Reactions: 2 people

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is their product leaflet sowing cost estimates... £1300 to buy the unit & then £66 a sensor (although it claims a 6 month life for the sensor, which clips to your ear).

The site shows that they have entered into agreements for supply to china recently.

http://www.integrity-app.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/IntegrityApp-A4Leaflet.pdf

Just read that leaflet which states the bottom of the measurement range as 3.9 mmol/l , so it wouldn't be very effective in determining hypos, although I suppose it will state Lo which could be adequate.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some recent feedback about glucotrack; Dear,

On behalf of Integrity Application, we appreciate your interest in GlucoTrack®, a unique non-invasive glucose monitoring device. For the moment, GlucoTrack® is only validated for patients over 18 years old.

We are receiving lots of requests from parents and/or patients confronted with type 1 or type 2 Diabetes, who are interested in purchasing the device. Unfortunately GlucoTrack® is for the moment not available in all countries. Please visit our website to see in which countries GlucoTrack® is commercially available and contact our local distributor for more information.

http://www.integrity-app.com/the-glucotrack/distributors/

In the meantime allow us to give you already some clarifications onGlucoTrack®:

· GlucoTrack® consists of 2 parts:

1. The Main Unit (MU) is battery-operated and is small, and easy to use. It contains a display and control features.

2. The Personal Ear Clip (PEC) is clipped to the earlobe for the glucose measurement.

· The PEC lifespan is 6 month from initial use and therefore bi-annual replacement of the PEC is necessary. Prior to conducting measurements with the PEC, anindividual calibration is required. The calibration is valid for the entire PEC lifespan, offering virtually unlimited number of measurement.

· The Main Unit can be shared by up to three users, although each user requires his/her own (individually calibrated) PEC. The device includes a USB port for data downloading, which enables off-line analysis.

· Clinical studies for the use of the device in children (6-18 years) and FDA clinical trials are up coming.

Based on the previous explanations, we invite patients not to buy the device from a distributor abroad. As mentioned, the device must be individually calibrated by a certified person, which should be trained by our staff. If this is not done, patients will not be able to use the device

For all further information, we kindly invite you to visit our website: http://www.integrity-app.com/

Yours truly,

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds like this could be a CGM-Lite, like the Freestyle Libre. But only cost £11/month? That would be amazing!

Not sure how I will look wearing an earlobe clip though.

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am sure if it gave accurate readings you wouldn't mind wearing the earlobe clip.

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
It doesn't look like a constant glucose monitor; it looks like you clip it to your ear for spot checks.

I must say it looks pretty clunky and horrible to my eyes. If it is 'wearable' then they really need to sort it out as it looks awful!

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes you just clip it on to take a reading, and then remove it. The accuracy to me is an important factor. But it is good to see that the noninvasive market is picking up.

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They are aiming more towards the sports market in 2017, but I could be wrong

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh hooray! It's available in Turkey. I live in Turkey. We get all the old models of things like insulin pumps, never the latest, but for this I can get one. I think I will discuss with my endo. If I get one I'll report back on use.

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's good news that you have the opportunity to explore this device. At last there is a non invasive device on the market. Let us know how you get on.

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like this glucose monitor is aiming for the sports market too, approval is probably less stringent!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I've always wanted an earclip.. I'll be able to get one... Someday!

leejones70

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes - especially needing to prick my finger to test glucose level
Has anyone heard any more information about the possible release of Glucotrack (or a similar bloodless testing device) in the UK? I would love to get one.

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just an update on the Glucotrack.

I've been checking the website for this for a while now. On my latest foray, I noticed that there is a web address for the Italian distributor. This website, http://www.newdiabetics.it has a shop page which gives the options for the Glucotrack.
This shows 3 options,
Starter Kit - reader & earpiece priced at Euro 564 which converts to £440
Earpiece - Euro 327 which converts to £256

Each earpiece lasts for 6 months and takes roughly 30 minutes to calibrate when first used.

I calculate that the initial 6 months would cost £73 a month, dropping to £42 a month thereafter.

Not sure whether you could buy it from the Italian website. But with the Libre running at around a £101 a month, it should become a competitor. The downside is that it takes around a minute to give a result and won't collect readings overnight like the Libre. The plus side for myself, at least will be the lack of a reaction, that I get from the Libre sensors.

Update: Having found the Sales conditions page, it states:
5.1 Delivery of the products will be on Italian territory, the Vatican City State and the Republic of San Marino