Type 2 Life

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 am,

bit a day yesterday, was feeling a little odd when I got home from work so measured and got a 3.8.... then went out with family for a curry.... and maybe had more naan than I should have....

Friday and the weekend,

take care

Reactions: 11 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 this morning looks like changing my insulin dose has worked, my sugar levels are settling. Wish my silly chest would do the same:rolleyes:. Ringing Asthma Nurse later with this weeks asthma readings and diary.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke up at 5:50, answered a couple of emails, went downstairs for a comfort break, dozed for an hour or so, answered some more emails, then tested and it was 5.7 as usual.

Reactions: 14 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

5.9 for me this morning.

Thanks for the compliments AJ10, I feel I am on top of it most of the time. Booked my blood test and DN appointments yesterday, but already going to have to reschedule due to work commitments.

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning folks. Hope everyone is having a decent day. The sun doesn't quite know what to do in Newcastle today. It's showing up, then quickly disappearing again. Ho hum! Woke up with a very low (for me) 3.6 this morning. Full on hypo...sweating, shaking, nausea, dizziness & pounding headache. Pretty unpleasant. Recovering nicely, though still feel a bit weak & "fluffy."

image.gif

Reactions: 12 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

Up to 5.9 for me this morning.

Looking back, I was fairly consistently around this level before I went away at the end of July, but had got used to somewhat lower levels while on holiday., which is kind of strange since I was rather less careful while away, although I did a fair amount of swimming which I haven't done since.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hello everyone. Hope you're all in good health & enjoying your Saturday, whatever you're getting up to. I'm off to the Newcastle home game soon. Time for a win boys!! :rolleyes::confused: BG was 4.1 fasting this morning. Considering my indulgent late dinner last night, I'm surprised at that. Perhaps the wine helped. I don't drink very often, as it sends me loopy :oops:, so I have 1-2 glasses very occasionally only. Couldn't resist the gorgeous red on the go though. Cheeseboard is always improved with a glass of red me thinks. :hungry: Have a lovely weekend folks. :)

image.gif

Reactions: 9 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 am
A large glass of red wine..... and a lot of haddock.... two of my favs..... mix and "match" I say.
Slate grey Sunday morning with mournful organ music on Radio 3 at the mo.
Getting my thoughts together to post a question about BG levels if you fast for a day. I've gone back to testing more regularly.... every hour in the afternoon as I seem to have a 18:00 low of less than 4, which then rises.
Got a new digging fork as garden needing some digging, bath and listening to the footie on Radio 5 live, might watch some rugby.... Japan were amazing, though how many of them are kiwis...
Good sunday chums.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 this morning sore and wheezy. Great how much is hospital food going to play with my BG. At least I have got my own meter with me.

Reactions: 7 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, apologies for absence. As term gets under way I should get back into a routine :rolleyes:

FBG 4.6 this morning and another couple of pounds gone. We had beautiful weather up here in Northumberland yesterday, I enjoyed my walk so much I extended it from the usual 3 miles to 4.5 miles and was rewarded with my favourite song coming up on my ipod shuffle. (A town called Malice by the Jam).
I bought a pair of trousers from Asda this week that fit! My interim goal on the way to a healthy weight is to be able to buy my clothes from the supermarket if I want to instead of having to go to "fat people shops". :happy:

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, apologies for absence. As term gets under way I should get back into a routine :rolleyes:

FBG 4.6 this morning and another couple of pounds gone. We had beautiful weather up here in Northumberland yesterday, I enjoyed my walk so much I extended it from the usual 3 miles to 4.5 miles and was rewarded with my favourite song coming up on my ipod shuffle. (A town called Malice by the Jam).
I bought a pair of trousers from Asda this week that fit! My interim goal on the way to a healthy weight is to be able to buy my clothes from the supermarket if I want to instead of having to go to "fat people shops". :happy:
That's all good and Jam too! :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

<snipped>
I used to be a 36 and now my charity shop 32's are drowning me.... so went to M&S to see if I could get a pair of 30's.... they only start Men's at 32.....
That's LCM-HF for you. ;)

Reactions: 12 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
I used to be a 36 and now my charity shop 32's are drowning me.... so went to M&S to see if I could get a pair of 30's.... they only start Men's at 32.....
That's LCM-HF for you. ;)

Would that be due to mixing red wine with fish?

I measured 5.5 this morning and am quite comfortable in 34" waist supermarket specials. I used to need 40"....

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went straight past 36" so quickly I hardly had time to wear any of my old suits or trousers.

Everything that was 34" was so 90's I couldn't wear, so it's cost a fortune so far in new clothes.