Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 5.2 this morning after a reading of 5.3 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 23 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
yesterday was 7.3 which is high. Wife was just diagnosed with cancer which has put a strain on us. Normally between 5.5 and 6.5 in the morning.
HbA1c in August was 5.5

@merishar. So sorry to hear about your wife. That stress is bound to affect your FBG's. Wishing you both well.

Right, down to business. I woke up this morning feeling hideous. Sweating, shakes, nauseous, banging headache...full on hypo. BG was
3.6 when I tested. WAY too low for me. Recovering now. Good day folks.

image.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 19 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
today was 9.0 been to the docs who says I have a virus which causes flu like symptoms "Bornholm" it is called and apparantly the pain gets better as the infection clears...had it a week now and tired of it now grrrrr

Reactions: 18 people

Ceres

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds awful, @PatsyB. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I got 3.7 this morning, which threw me off a bit. Tested again, and got 4.3. I'm happy to split the difference.

Reactions: 19 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Good Morning lovely peoples 7.5 this morning have a great weekend ya all :)

Reactions: 22 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this am after 5 hrs sleep due to 2 hrs delay getting home from Ireland. Did bs before bed at around 1:30 am and was 4.7!!! :)

Reactions: 20 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 6.0 this morning after a reading of 5.8 at bedtime last night. Feeling a bit poorly and only managed 2 hours sleep last night so I'm off back to bed after a cup of coffee.

Reactions: 22 people