Meters

M

mammamia2006

I am a t1 diabetic and have about 4 or 5 brand new meters sitting in the boxes unused if anyobe would like one?

Not fair t2 should have to pay when I get for free.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll respond as a means of bumping your post.

The main issue for T2s isn't acquiring a meter, but the strips. The meter is a one-off purchase, whereas the strips are consumables, and the costly element.

Many of us tend to use the SD Codefree meter, because the strips are so reasonably priced. Provided one can buy in modest bulk (5 pots at a time), the price comes down from around £7 a pot to £5. By comparison, most of the big name strips are over £20 for the same number of strips. It makes a pretty compelling argument.

Perhaps if you add the model names to your original post, people might have them. Some of us do have a "spare" meter, we have for "emergencies" or to compare the odd reading.

M

mammamia2006

I have 2 Contour Next meters, 2 Contour Next USB meters and one Accu-Chek Mobile meter.

fredericmarcel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The Contour Next USB would be great.
Is it possible to send it to France?
If not, I can manage to give you an address in England, but it would take more time.
I do not trust my meter anymore (OneTouch Verio iq) and that is quite annoying.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ir's a very kind offer, @mammamia2006 - but it's the actual ongoing cost of test strips that''s generally a problem for us type 2s. I paid peanuts for my first meter (an Accuchek Nano) and was luckly enough to get my current meter as a freebie, but I still need to pay through the nose for my test strips.

Robbity

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had various meters sent to me free but I don't get strips on prescription so I bought a codefree and now use that although I prefer my avviva nano and I sometimes find cheap strips on the internet
CAROL

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I am a t1 diabetic and have about 4 or 5 brand new meters sitting in the boxes unused if anyobe would like one?

Not fair t2 should have to pay when I get for free.
You are so kind for offering these to us. Thank you :)

Reactions: 4 people

hanham97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
I get my strips for free now. Very grateful to my new diabetic team.