Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Somewhat more usual 5.7 for me this morning.

Reactions: 25 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
3.9 this horrible morning but on the plus side HbA1c has gone from 124 down to 50 since April just wish the weight would go too lol.

Reactions: 25 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 5.6 this morning after a reading of 6.3 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 23 people

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank-you all for the birthday wishes:D

As expected after being a piggy with chocolate fudge cake .... sugars before bed were 8.7 :oops:

Fbg this morning was an expected oopsie of 9.5:oops: at 6am , on the upside my sugars 2 hours after a yummy scrambled egg breakfast are sitting at 4.8 :D

Reactions: 29 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. Lord knows where that came from.

Having said that, this is the 4th test in a row that said precisely 6.2. I was 6.2 all day yesterday, apparently. If this continues today I might try another batch of strips.
When that happens to me I change the lancet! :oops: ;)

This morning, FBG was 5.6, same as yesterday - but I had different readings during the day, so the lancet can stay! ;)

Reactions: 24 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. Still feeling rubbish & not much of an appetite. :arghh: BG 4.7 this morning. Via several PM's, I'm aware some newbies are put off posting on this thread, perceiving it (rightly or wrongly) as a "competition." That's quite upsetting to me. The following statistics are taken directly from the forum info pages: Target blood glucose levels for people with type 2 diabetes are: - 4 to 7 mmol/l before meals and when fasting. And, 4 to 8.5 mmol/l 2 hours following meals. If achieved, great. If not, then you have a goal to aim for. Good luck to us all in doing so. :)

image.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 27 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Evening all ...8.5 after a late home made curry made by the o/h rising to 13.2 before bed ..god knows what she put in it !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 23 people